Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-22-2000, 10:11 PM   #1
gunner

hi all

i'm play a multiplayer game with 4 players and wanted know who was the best female NPC. i wanted to know more the best for subplots not so much romance. have already read that thread. i need to pick one up soon other wise i'll be to far ahead.

thanks

Old 10-23-2000, 02:40 AM   #2
UnForGiven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, I've had Jahera for a while and she has had a pretty cewl subplot, it goes on for quite a while. It is to do with the harpers. As for the rest of the females im not sure, i had Aerie for a lil while but for the short time i had her i didnt get any subplots from her. As for Viconia, Nalia and Mazzy i hav no idea although im suspecting that Viconia might have a subquest when u goto the drow city.(havnt been there yet).
Hope this was of some use, cheers
Old 10-23-2000, 02:07 PM   #3
Illusionist

This isn't so easy to answer, since it depends on what class of character you need in your party. Aerie's quest will give you some cool stuff and XP. She can cast both mage and cleric spells, but even maxed out, neither will be higher than lvl 6. She's good as a backup spellcaster.

Nalia's quest is not that interesting, IMHO. I also don't like her personality. She can become a powerful mage, however, so if you need one and can stand her attitude, take her along.

Viconia is a powerful cleric, but having her in your group drops your reputation by 3. I don't know about her quests, since I play a good party and she's evil.

Jaheira has an interesting and convoluted quest, but she's a useless pain in the neck. She isn't particularly good at anything, IMO, so I don't think she's worth the space in my party. Oh, and did I mention that she's bossy? Feh.

I haven't yet met Mazzy, so I can't tell you anything about her.

Personally, I don't like ever having all 6 slots filled, because I would rather split the XP 5 ways.

Old 10-23-2000, 04:11 PM   #4
Arithor

Well, I have ditched Jaheira since I couldn't stand the kanigget, and traded her for the sissy fake knight named Anomen...
Of Nalia and Aerie I don't know very much yet, though I would never get rid of Aerie while Minsc is in my group (I would miss the "I must protect my witch!" line).

From what I have heard Jaheira is the best NPC definately for quests etc, but I'd rather polymorph her into a pigeon and silence her instead of having her in my group.