Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-22-2000, 06:04 PM   #1
Longboy

People,

Please help. Ive started the game like 20 times already as i keep changing my main character. Basically because i find some thing i like with each one, for instance, i was an Inquisitor because the dispel magic power was cool and meant that my mage could rock with lots of fireballs, but he kept getting level drained, so i swopped for an Undead hunter.

What do you recommend, i kinda fancy an archer, but am concerned that he will get busted in close range fights every 5 minutes.

So, let me know your infinite wisdom + Any combo's of NPC's that you have used.

Nice one!

Old 10-22-2000, 09:34 PM   #2
UnForGiven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Mages all the way. You might think that having a mage as you main char is a bit vulnarable, but there is a triangular formation that you can use that keeps your mage at the back so that he is protected by your stronger party members,eg fighters. If you use that formation it dusnt matter what class you choose to be whether it be archer or whatever.( ive drawn a little diagram of the formation below, with being main char)
o
o o
o o
Old 10-22-2000, 09:35 PM   #3
UnForGiven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, well my diagram didnt turn out the way it was sposed to, anyways, i think u catch my drift
Old 10-23-2000, 04:02 AM   #4
Longboy

Thanks, will give that a go.

Just quickly, i want to play the game as a single player (the multiplayer thing does not appeal yet). What combo of NPC's did people find the most useful.

I hate Jaheira (Cuz she is a whinging .............?0
Cernd i think is superb, purely on the Werewolf (Greater Werewolf) thingy, so i ditch Jaheira as soon as poss, but im stuck for Mage choice + Tanks.

Im thinking this, but can anyone let me know whether this blows,

Me (Archer)
Minsc
Yoshimo
Cernd
Keldorn
Aerie

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!

Old 10-23-2000, 04:11 AM   #5
Mandrake
Welcomed New User

Unforgiven recomending mages? Never!
*Laughs*
Rangers all the way my friend. Havent played and Archer yet but I find I have fun as a Chaotic good half elf ranger. My weapons are longsword and longbow so far. Dunno if that helps! If you try the archer tell me how it plays ok!

May the trail treat you well and your weapons find the hearts of your enemies. Be well!
Old 10-23-2000, 02:00 PM   #6
Longboy

Ok, People

Made a decision, and gonna stop being a whuss!

So, if i post a message changing my mind, you can all wish a polymorph: Peach spell or something else ridiculous to teach me a lesson.

So, this will be my party

Me (Cavalier)
Minsc
Keldorn
Cernd
Yoshimo
Aerie

So, im going for the righteousness, hard dude approach (3 Tanks, has serious potential me thinks)

See ya later people!

Longone!