Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 05-17-2007, 12:32 PM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

OK, so it's not on par with people dying of starvation in Africa or getting killed in Iraq, but I had a pretty bad day today.

You see, this is Grad Week - my last (couple of) weeks at Babson. I haven't been able to attend any exercises as every single day since my exams finished has been filled with such activities as:

1. Transferring title of my old car (Jetta) from Dad to me (took 3 days)
2. Sorting out new insurance (2 days)
3. Getting inspection (1 day) - failed the bloody inspection too due to some emissions BS
4. Took to VW dealer to sort out emissions BS (5 days and $1800)
5. In fixing that another problem was created which was that the alternator got effed up (more on this later) meaning the car would stall while being driven
6. Plus the airconditiong blew up last week when it was 95F outside
7. taking mom shopping (every day for past 2 weeks)
8. apartment hunting (as I'm moving - in fact will be signing lease next week - this took about two weeks)
9. Driving all over frigging Boston looking at Audi A4s (I think I covered over 1500kms in 2 weeks)
10. Planning the family Cape Cod holiday (we're leaving on Sun 20th May and back on 22nd).
11. Packing up all my stuff for move on 23rd May
12. Packing my bags for my South Africa/London trip on 24th May
13. Preparing all my pre-work for Boston Scientific in time for work start date of 4th June

I seriously feel like I've been busier in the last two weeks than when I was preparing for exams. Deciding to transfer the title has been an absolute nightmare and has seriously complicated everything - we should have sold the car as is, then bought the new car as is.

Anyway, that's all the backdrop for my bad day. I was supposed to go to Aria tonight but I couldn't go as I didn't have a car. I had finally picked my new car yesterday, agreed on a price and trade in value, and was supposed to pick it (2005 Audi A4) up this morning but there was a holdup when my bank in Cincy was transferring the money, and it got delayed to the afternoon. Then when I was taking my folks to St Elizabeths Hospital for my mom’s ultrasound my car broke down – the airbag, ABS and engine check lights went on, then I started losing power while I was merging onto Soldiers Field Road. I had to pull over the side of the road and call a taxi for my folks and AAA to tow my car. Then a cop came and gave me a hard time for "being a traffic hazard" as I was pulled over on the side of the road in a merging lane!

When I get to Wellesley WV apparently the alternator was busted. As it was going to cost me $600 the service mgr suggested I just get a new battery and drive the car to the other dealer (where the Audi was, it was a Chevy dealer) and trade it in and let them sort it out. So I did that (after waiting two hours as they were on their lunchbreak) – as I was getting ready to leave they noticed an oil leak – apparently the frigging tow truck driver who towed it punctured the oil tank while attaching his towbar (or some crap like that). So they then had to fix that (they just put some epoxy or something on it so as not to charge me any extra).

Then when I was on my way to the dealer this afternoon (after finding out that the fund transfer had finally gone through) the frigging car breaks down AGAIN (on Cochituate or however the frick you spell it Road in Framingham). I managed to pull into somebody’s parking lot and waited there for THREE HOURS in the cold and rain for a tow truck to get me. I got home at 10pm after having to again drop off the piece of shit VW at Wellesley WV. The only redeeming point of the whole frigging day was the fact that the tow truck driver lives near me and gave me a lift home. So obviously I couldn’t get the Audi today – I doubt the dealer would have been impressed if my trade in arrived via tow truck.

So I have to do it all over again tomorrow. Absolute bloody nightmare!!!!

I also posted this on my blog at http://ozgod.blogspot.com/. I had to make a few edits to make it IW-friendly, of course.

[ 05-17-2007, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:14 PM   #2
Spirits Reborn
Anubis

wow. that blows.

I'm not even going to try to top that. Lol [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

hopefully things will cool down once you graduate.
Spirits Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:44 PM   #3
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

Wait: You're getting a car, then going on vacation to Cape Cod and then London and South Africa...

and you're complaining.

Wanna switch places?

ON EDIT: If you want to sell me some interventional Boston Scientific stuff at a discount I'll gladly sympathize a lot more.

[ 05-17-2007, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: Klorox ]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:33 PM   #4
NewbietoRPGs
Drow Warrior

hm, I maybe could've helped with that title thing...that's what I do for a living...
I know, I know, information that would have been useful last week. [img]smile.gif[/img]
NewbietoRPGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:33 PM   #5
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Bloody hell, Memnoch. You get more done in a couple of weeks than i do in a whole year. Just reading that list caused me stress. We all love our mums dearly, but shopping every day for two weeks? On top of all that?..

Best of luck for tomorrow eh.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:32 PM   #6
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I will try to top it in a few weeks when I fly AIR CANADA [img]smile.gif[/img] . Long flight plus AIR CANADA.

[ 05-17-2007, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:49 PM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sever:
Bloody hell, Memnoch. You get more done in a couple of weeks than i do in a whole year. Just reading that list caused me stress. We all love our mums dearly, but shopping every day for two weeks? On top of all that?..

Best of luck for tomorrow eh.
Well, just as luck would have it, the farking barstards at VW just CANNOT get their shyte together - they still couldn't replace the alternator today even though they had access to the bloody car since 7am this morning. Bloody clowns couldn't organise a root in a brothel.

You know what, I noticed that I've started to spell "mum" as "mom" now. [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

Old 05-18-2007, 12:15 AM   #8
Chewbacca
Zartan

Zoiks don't go nutty! [img]smile.gif[/img] Where ya moving?

Are you working at Boston Scientific in Natick? If so watch out. Route 9 traffick has been a mess right near there due to bridge construction. My happy 5 minute commute has been a dreadful 20-35 minutes all month.

Good luck dude!
Old 05-18-2007, 12:31 AM   #9
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
You know what, I noticed that I've started to spell "mum" as "mom" now. [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]
Mind your language Memsie, or i'm telling a mod on you. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 01:05 AM   #10
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
Zoiks don't go nutty! [img]smile.gif[/img] Where ya moving?

Are you working at Boston Scientific in Natick? If so watch out. Route 9 traffick has been a mess right near there due to bridge construction. My happy 5 minute commute has been a dreadful 20-35 minutes all month.

Good luck dude!
Hey mate,

I'm moving to the Archstone Bear Hill in Waltham, just on the Weston/Waltham border. You should come by sometime when I'm back. I'll be working at Boston Scientific in Natick in a senior finance role (which will be heaps of fun as I have NO practical finance experience!). But I wanted to get out of marketing and get some experience in the quant side of things. I'm planning to take the Mass Pike and then take the Natick exit - I figure it'll take me about 30mins door to door in the morning as I'm going against the traffic.

Hope all's been well with you - what's been happening?