Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-02-2001, 01:27 PM   #21
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Bad: Deal poorly with change. Irrational compulsion to follow the rules. Impatient and stubborn. Sometimes I skip the obvious for more complicated solutions.

Good: Easy-going, passive, and compromising. An excellent husband (even by my wife's high standards) and a great father. Loyal.

Dream Life: Retire from teaching at the ripe old age of 35 (it's a dream, not reality) and start my own Bed and Breakfast. Not have to worry about money. Be able to spend lots of time with my family (I really get to live this one, thanks to having summers free).
Old 05-02-2001, 01:35 PM   #22
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Here goes:

BAD: I talk too much. Incredibly lazy. Compulsive (I just GOTTA play this game!) Don't cope well with stress. I eat too much cholesterol-producing food. I've learned to use too many swear-words. I tend to be intolerant. I have this nasty tendency to see both sides of any argument and to spot inconsistencies - even while being inconsistant myself!

GOOD: I have this great ability to see both sides of any argument I work very hard to be tolerant, 'cos I can't tolerate intolerance! I'm kind to animals and try to be environmentally friendly. I don't give a damn about social, racial or religious background (I'm still working on not being afraid of people with mental problems). I've almost overcome my fear of gay people (that is a VERY big GOOD point. You have no idea how negatively I felt about that).I'm pretty honest, but that is 'cos it rarely occurs to me to be otherwise (see how a religious background can cripple a person, lol?! :rolleyes I've succeeded in bringing up 3 children who love me despite the fact that I was a lousy parent (they are very forgiving!).

IDEAL LIFE: I'm living it, pretty well. I'VE RETIRED!!!! I can do EXACTLY what I like! Yeah, I'd like more money, but who wouldn't...

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale
Old 05-02-2001, 01:38 PM   #23
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
THe life of my dream..
Don´t have any dreams no more..

That is so sad... Dreams don't have to be realistic, you know. Just daydream about what you would LIKE, no matter if there is no prospect of it... Don't live without dreams...

------------------

Fljotsdale
Old 05-02-2001, 01:57 PM   #24
Charlie
Lord Ao

Fljotsdale

The gay thing I can pretty much understand. I lived with a lesbian friend for a couple of years and have no problems with her or her bent female mates. I did (to start off with) feel pretty uncomfortable with her gay men friends though. I don't really know why in retrospect, people are people are people regardless of their sexual persuasion. For some odd reason bent blokes seem to take a shine to me (we call it Gaydar...like Radar, they can pinpoint other queers but sometimes their gaydar goes haywire and they pick up on a straight bloke by mistake) which I always found disconcerting and had one so much as looked at me wrong I'd have kicked his sorry arse into next week. I hated this quirk in my character and wanted to overcome it. I actually went to a couple of gay night clubs with her, one of which still stands as one of my best nights out ever. I find now that if you're openly straight and the bent blokes are aware of it, they leave well alone. When or if you take the time to get to know someone, their sexual preference is no longer an issue.

just my two cents worth

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 05-02-2001, 02:16 PM   #25
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobbin:
[BAfter all, they are people too. In many respects, it's even harder for them as there are so many stigmas attached to their lifestyle. It's hard enough going through life without having to make it harder for others.
[/B]
Exactly. Which is why I have tried so hard! Can i tell you a little story without offending any gay people on the board?
My eldest daughter knew how I felt about gay people and she hated it, so she decided she would teach me a lesson. She took me to a gay pub. She didn't TELL me it was a gay pub (she knew I wouldn't have gone!). Nice pub. I would never have thought any of the people in there were gay, except for one girl who was eyeing my daugher... Anyway: at the table next to ours was a group of men who looked like builders - big, butch guys. I very nearly DIED when one of 'em got up and sat on the lap of one of the others and started snogging...!
For a second I just sat there with my jaw on my chest... then - I just couldn't stop myself - I fell into hysterical giggles! I had never seen ANYTHING so startlingly funny...!!
My daugher dragged me out of that pub so fast...!!
Anyway.. that was the start of my reform!

------------------

Fljotsdale
Old 05-02-2001, 03:12 PM   #26
Rikard

I've got nothing against gay people
to be honest I suspect a good friend of mine of being one (dunno why Maybe something to do with Gaydar and my knowlegde of humans, so I asked him once and he said he wasn't sure)
But the Fact is
It is unnatural -> no children
It's as unnatural as taking in C2H6O (alcohol)
and as unnatural as using machines

This is also part of the tolorance thing
To bad my parents don't seem to understand this

Old 05-02-2001, 03:16 PM   #27
Charlie
Lord Ao

Dunno if someone misunderstood me there but I have absolutely no problems with anyones sexual persuasion ok.
Old 05-02-2001, 05:02 PM   #28
Epona
Zartan

OK, I'm having one of those days when I am all bad and no good, you know those kinds of days? Well hopefully this will help me get back on an even keel:

BAD EPONA:
Lazy, moody, bad temper, not always very patient with people, can't accept any criticism at all, low self esteem but I always have to be perfect and hate it when I show any shortcomings, very shy - no self confidence whatsoever, loud (mostly because of a slight hearing problem, but I'm aware that if people don't know that they just think I'm being obnoxious by shouting and I don't like that) a bit clumsy, too worried about what others think of me.

GOOD EPONA:
Generous, helpful - I go out of my way to help a friend in need, intelligent, I never bear a grudge, forgiving, environmentally-friendly, prepared to stand up and fight for what I believe is right, won't let people walk over me (other than friends in need!), perfectionist (although that can sometimes be negative too).

DREAMING EPONA:
A world where production is organised to meet people's needs rather than to make a profit, tolerance towards all races, creeds, cultures etc etc etc.
On a more personal basis, I would like to live in the countryside with lots of pet birds (oh yeah, and my bf!) and I would like to do a job where I actually know why I'm doing it - instead of just shuffling pieces of paper in an overly bureaucratic government department just so I can afford to keep a roof over my head. Modern offices are just like factories but with desks instead of conveyor belts. I may be 'white collar' and go home with clean fingernails, but I am really an unskilled worker. Oh and add "doesn't know when to shut up" to the Bad list!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas and The Ladies Guild.
Old 05-02-2001, 05:12 PM   #29
Rikard

I wasn't saying you were Charlie

Just giving my point of view

------------------

The Githyanki Necromancer - High Magician of the Holy Flame

Old 05-02-2001, 07:47 PM   #30
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Very interesting thread 250! Thanks for starting it!

Bad: Too willing to take on responsibility for difficulties in situations or relationships; tendency to be shy and 'shut down' in social settings (I HATE that part of me); forget to 'trust my gut' feelings/intuitions; defensive at times; lazy housekeeper; can be emotional... there are more I'm sure, but that's all I can recall at the moment.

Good: warmhearted, good friend, good listener, intelligent, supportive, honest, says it like it is (or at least, how I see it ), loving - loves unconditionally, hard working, not afraid to tackle problems, diplomatic, forgiving, good mom, generous, responsible, likes all people regardless of race or creed - tho cruelty will put me off..... that's enough for now I guess.

Dream Life: To be the best me I can be... to do things that matter to other people and to the universe at large ... to be surrounded by my friends and loved ones. To be helpful...

------------------

Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.

Happy Member of Fast Fourward.

[This message has been edited by bilqis (edited 05-02-2001).]