Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2001, 12:12 AM   #11
Hellfire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

likewise for me i have this weird glitch in my game that after every fight my party (still green)seems it's fun to attack me ,this is not a multi-player game,but it was in Trademeet and you know when you first enter the lion attacks you,well i went to get a cup of coffee and came back just as they were finishing a combined attack on me.sometimes i fun with this when nalia hits me and i smack her back,that sure does bring some good thoughts with it (not hitting women just nalia)
Old 02-08-2001, 01:36 AM   #12
Rikard_OHF
Beholder

To much for comfort

I found it pretty embarising to get killed no matter what happpens
but my worst
hm after killinf firkraag i got killed by a chaotic thief (my own)
that was pretty awful
especially as i wasn't able to kill firkraag agian till i got back from the UD
Old 02-08-2001, 07:12 AM   #13
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

You remember those little goblin archers, in Irenicus' dungeon...Just when you enter the library, we were fighting the grunts, and that mesphit attacked, wellll, I took a lot of damage, so I thought it was from the mesphit, so I switched to it, and just as I was taking a healing potion, bam. Killed by a goblin archer. The other half had to standing right there to see it too, so insult to injury. I don't even want to talk about the wall trap, although, if you've downloaded the dimdoor spell, and have the robe of vecna, it makes a very effective golum smasher.
Old 02-08-2001, 07:20 AM   #14
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

My worst was in the elven city. One of those Rakshasa charmed Minsc, who then hit Draggor with the Vorpal sword. Draggor of course failed his save and died instantly. I got killed by that Oytugh creature too my first game. I remember dieing in that first dungeon a couple of times which seems pretty sad now.
Old 02-08-2001, 07:21 AM   #15
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Worst death most have been in attacking the Vampires, forgot that hid in shadows doesn´t work that well against them if you don´t have cloak on nondetection, anyone else noticed this.. Well my poor assasin/fightress suddenly got surrounded by alot of em fanged ones.. oups, save against deth not working bye bye..

Most embarrasing, wall trap, discovered it when three characters got smashed, reloaded and my thief who should disarm the trap still got crushed... blaha...
Only thing that competes is in a big fight I tried Disintegrate out with Aerie, but that bloody fiend moved so all my fighters moved with it.. Suddenly everything went very quiet and Aerie and Viconia stood all alone...

That was most annoying deaths too,
Old 02-08-2001, 07:42 AM   #16
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

hehe ... i remember that pesky walltrap too...
when walking down the corridor.. i found a trap... no matter how i tried to disarm it ..it wont... i took 3 theivery potions it still didnt work... finally i moved a little and BOOM.. you know what happened...

the second one was when i was trying out some spells... i tried what does a fireball do... the first time i tried it... boy !!! i got crisp...
Old 02-08-2001, 09:22 AM   #17
BLACK KNIGHT

That would have to be the time I forgot to rest before "Venturing forth" and got Waylaid. We all know how pitiful those parties are, right? Well, I only have 20 hps left, and I'll be darn if I didn't have to of 'em hit me right away . . . how embarrassing . . .

Either that or the time I was in the drow underground fighting the mind flayers. Ariel had been charmed. I had just finished killing off the mind flayers (without the potions, mind you) when I reorganized my party stance. I watched her walk right over to me when Jaheria was in the middle of a healing spell and WACK! Down I went. I was P!$$ed. Especially since I hadn't saved. One small side table later, I started quick saving ever ten seconds.

BK

Old 02-08-2001, 09:49 AM   #18
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

I was just about to fight the mind flayers in the sewer. Well I stopped in the temple district to rearrange armor/weapons and then went into the sewers. I walk a couple of steps and run into a group of kobalds. BAM,BAM,BAM arrow after arrow kept decimating my characters. I ended up killing them but they killed THREE of my party. Turns out I forgot to put the armor ON my characters after playing swith-a-roo!
Old 02-08-2001, 01:39 PM   #19
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hey Zoratorak, don't feel bad, my other half did the same thing in BG1, "What's a fireball?" So, being curious, she cast it on some bandits that had attacked her party, with her whole party standing in the area of effect. You should have seen the look on her face. I still laugh about that one. I however have played pnp before, so I knew what it was, but I did find out the hard way there. We were exploring some sewer in some city, and were attacked by ghouls, so I hit them with a delayed blast fireball. VERY sadistic DM, as I set off a cloud of Methane gas, and nighty night party, and half a city block.
Old 02-08-2001, 01:48 PM   #20
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Not five minutes into my first game I ventured North past the golem in the room where you get your first weapons. Before I could figure out that armor had disabled Imoen's spells, we were both toasted by the Mephit.