Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2001, 07:05 PM   #1
puzzled

I`ve got a real problem with Jaheira. She`s got too much lip at the best of times but now she`s suddenly gone screwy. She say`s `I will not tolerate this...` I tell her she`ll get her revenge eventually and she`s OK. Then she says it again - and again - and again. I can`t do anything cos I have to keep talking to her, so I`m stuck.
Does anybody know if this is a bug in the program or is she just bitching cos I haven`t done the Harpers quest yet?
I cant do anything yet cos I`m under the sea in chapter five.
In desperation I cut her out of the party but she was so nice about it telling me she would wait for me at the Harpers that I felt such a heel and brought her back.
Is it possible to complete without her in the party?
I could go back to my last save but I`m worried in case she starts yapping again.
Cheers,
David

Old 01-29-2001, 09:13 PM   #2
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Yes, I think she is bugging you to do the Harpers Quest. She bugged me so much I went ahead and did the Harpers Quest right away to get her off my back way before I ventured off the mainland into Chapter 5. Don't know what to tell you except to just put up with it until you get back to the mainland and can do the quest (which will be a little while) or PERHAPS you can let her go and when you do return to the mainland she will be waiting for you outside the Harpers Hold, and then you can do her quest. I CANNOT say for sure though that she will be available to do her quest later if you kick her out. Her scripts are very strange in that if you do the wrong thing, she gets mad and snubs you. To play it on the safe side, I'd just put up with her blabbering (no, it's not a bug unfortunately!). Board Members - anyone got any other ideas on this?
Old 01-29-2001, 10:39 PM   #3
G.W.

This is probably what she says when she is unhappy (low reputation).

Old 01-29-2001, 11:20 PM   #4
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

I had this same problem and I had already completed the Harper Quest. I don't know if it is a bug or not, but I got around it by letting her say her little thing once and then reply and then pause the game right away before she could say it again. Then I would click across the screen (to move the characters) and unpause. Once she is moving again she doesn't go back into it, but she kicked into this broken record thing four times and it is very annoying!
Old 01-30-2001, 04:12 AM   #5
Hagar

I think it is a bug. It happend to me after he Unseeing Eye quest, she made it unplayeble, because she was saying it every two seconds. I just reloaded another save and it never happend again.

Old 01-30-2001, 04:15 PM   #6
puzzled

No, I`m sure now that it was a bug. I reloaded a save game, got to the same spot and it was ok.
It`s happened a few times now and a reload sorts it out.
I checked stats such as reputation and everything was fine.
Thanks anyway,
David