Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-07-2001, 04:25 PM   #1
AcePylut
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Does anyone know of a website (link appreciated) where I can find a comprehensive list of all the monster baddies in the game?

I.E. A website that displays the following info:

Monster: Umber Hulk
AC: -2
HD: 12

Special: Only hit by magic weapons + 7 or better
Special: Slashing and Piercing weapons only do 50% damage
Special: Immune to “Stone to Flesh”
Special: Acid weapons do 2x Damage
Special: Susceptible to Dog stew

Etc.. (yeah, the stats here are wrong, but you get the idea).

Thanks for your help!

AcePylut – Goblin Smasher, Guild Basher, Creator of Dog Stew
Old 11-07-2001, 04:29 PM   #2
The.Relic
Red Dragon

I personally don't know of a site that posts all of the monsters etc., in the game, though there may be some. There is a fine official strategy guide out for the game at retail stores that has the best list that I have seen.
Old 11-07-2001, 06:06 PM   #3
andrewas
Harper

Well, the first answer that occurs to me is to head down to plan 9 (um wait your not in aberdeen. well you must have an equivalent, that shop on some back street which sells everything to do with RPGs and stuff. right now they tend to have Lord of the Rings plastered all over the front window) and purchase yourself a monstrous manual. the only prob is they tend to be third edition (which BG isnt, mostly). cost £15. at least it does here.

however, this walthough does have at least a basic listing of monsters:

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/guides/...s_2/p6_01.html

link _should_ take you right to the begining. it
dsoent have stats tho.

memnoch, on the other hand, does have access to a frightening amount of information, which he posts regularly. i think he has (or knows of), and online (althouh not necesarily internet) version of the monstrous manual. certainly, if hes typed out some of his posts (specially the one on drow) he is one very devoted (insane?) moderator for this board.
Old 11-07-2001, 07:54 PM   #4
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

ask memnoch. he knows where to find all that stuff online. Personally I just have an old Monsterous Compendium (I think thats how you spell it) and i just look up creature info in there if I have my back against a wall or just want to know about some enemies
Old 11-07-2001, 08:05 PM   #5
Telchar of Nogrod
Drow Warrior

Yea, I have all the monster manuals from D+D (first,second and third editions), and all three Planescape ones as well. BG2 is based on second edition rules; but, the new MM has all the same vital info except the different variations of some monsters (Beholders and Mind Flayers for instance).
\"Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to Middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist haunting, dripping vain tears in the thankless sea?\"<br />Feanor at Tirion upon Tuna, Of the Flight of the Noldor, The Silmarillion