Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 12-24-2004, 12:11 AM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I remember a post, a while back, where someone had gotten a character to a status of "weary". Unfortunately, no one knew how it happened.

Well, tonight, I think I figured it out! 'Course, with figuring it out comes a second question, coming up later. But one of my characters ended up weary tonight, and it did affect her performance. 'Twas the bard, and what made her get weary was playing music! Every time she used that beautiful lute of tranquility, it took away some from her blue bar -- normally mana, but I think stamina here. When it got all the way down to the bottom, she was weary, and couldn't play that thing for nothing...

As she has recovered (and quite slowly, I might add), she has progressed from weary to weak to winded. I can't wait until she's back to rights...

*edit* forgot to mention that the status of "weary" and so on appears in the main character screen, where everyone else shows up as OK.

Here's what else I know: this loss of stamina can't be cured at the temple. Thinking like a true bard, I can tell you it also is not cured by having a nice drink or two at the tavern It's also not cured by the Restore Health spell. I don't have Cure available, so I'm not sure if that will help. I think I've got a potion, so I'll have to try that. I plan on trying some Boogre Brew later to see if it has an impact.

Any one else got any suggestions for what we might try to restore her stamina? I'm all ears...

Not much else happened this evening in the Gael Serran. We made our way into Shurugeon Castle's courtyard, and next gaming night, we're going in.

[ 12-24-2004, 12:13 AM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 10:57 AM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

So far as I recall, someone had also had a character who became weary after performing too many gaze attacks.
Old 12-24-2004, 11:34 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Any one else got any suggestions for what we might try to restore her stamina? I'm all ears...

Restore game - lol!! Not the restoration you were seeking, I'm sure!

Most interesting, Bungleau! Amazing that we're still learning things about this game!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 04:31 PM   #4
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

I think this weariness thing can only be cured by waiting it out, preferably behind a town gate.

I've gotten weary from:
  • Evil Eye Gaze
  • Dragon Fire
  • Vampire Breath
  • Any musical instrument
  • Drinking too much at the tavern
I haven't seen anything else cause it, including running nonstop for hours ... (I never walk, old habit from Doom).
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 11:19 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Interesting... I haven't really tried the other things much, Aleph_null1, so I hadn't noticed it before. Methinks it may be linked to any of the "special" attacks, except perhaps hiding in shadows ('cause I've done that a lot... [img]smile.gif[/img] ).

The quest for a cure goes on... and perhaps, just perhaps, a high FOR will help to reduce the recovery time.

More news later...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 08:03 AM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

The only known cure for weary is to reload back your save game before that status struck you. I think I've tried many spell to undo that effect but nothing works.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 02:00 AM   #7
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

Huh? i lose stamina all the time and get weary alot but coz i always have groups of seven that person being hopeless doesnt affect me as much so i just wait it out. But if u want to look for something for it try using some potions. If they dont sell the potions donate money and see if you get n e thing useful. Like i sed b4 bunglea donate money at the temple for a cure potion instead of waiting to lvl
[img]\"http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5936/sbadfurday00037fg.png\" alt=\" - \" /><br />BRING ME SOME SWEETCORN!<br /><br />What do the Enterprise and toilet paper have in common? They both circle Uranus in search of klingons
Pop 'n Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote