Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2002, 01:31 PM   #21
uss
20th Level Warrior

Psycho-somatic addict insane!
oh yeah! Prodigy - Breathe rules!!!!
its a cool song.. soooo cool.. so very, very cool [img]smile.gif[/img] ..
Old 07-09-2002, 01:32 PM   #22
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Er... bored yes? starting to do 'bad' things? me? never. besides *grin*its not nice to make more work for the mods, they get aaaaangry, and thats baaaaaaad. but seriously, I wont make troubble, promise. what about the rest of you? *tone daring them to say yes...*
Old 07-09-2002, 01:32 PM   #23
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Sorry to hear that Saz.How's work at the cat zoo place?
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 07-09-2002, 01:45 PM   #24
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
Sorry to hear that Saz.How's work at the cat zoo place?
Thanks, SomeGuy! Well, we went back out there this past weekend, and it was great once again. We got to hear the lions roaring, calling to each other at the end of the day. It's incredible; you feel it vibrating through your body, it's so intense. They weren't being aggressive, either; just communicating. They seem to do that right at sunrise and at sunset, although the interns out there say that some do continue to roar deep into the night.

A lion's roar is fascinating. They start out long and low, like...

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh

then they get progressively shorter, but faster, like:

Rrrrrrrrrrooooooooohhhhhhhhh

Rrrrrrroooooooohhhhhhh

Rrrrrrooooohhhh
Rrrrroooohhhh
Rrrooohhh
Rrroohhh
Rrooohh Rrooohh Rrooohh

and then suddenly stop. A timing of geometrical progression that's fascinating to experience. I'm not sure why they keep getting shorter and faster with their roar, but it seems to be a method of intricate communication among them.

The highlight of the tour was when the clouded leopard decided to make an appearance. There's only about 400 of them remaining, and one of them is at this sanctuary. Clouded leopards aren't actually leopards; they're the closest living relative to the saber-toothed tiger that still exists. This fellow was in a species-survival program when he killed his mate (apparently accidentally), which made him unsuitable for that program, so the IEFS got him instead. He's an absolute beauty, and it was a thrill to get to see him, as most visitors out there do not.

Well, we go to our first volunteer meeting this Sunday, so we'll see how it goes from there. I must admit I'm pumped about it!

Cheers,
-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 07-09-2002, 01:56 PM   #25
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

LOL, Saz, do you think that hot weather causes spam?

Someguy, nobody except you cares what rank you are, it's who you are that counts. Besides, I know someone who has an Egyptian rank and hates it.
Old 07-09-2002, 02:10 PM   #26
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
Sir M! er, Greetings my lord Commander, *bows* I trust that there have been no further attempts on your life? *grins*

soccer? over here, we call it football. Im indifferent to the game, used to play it, but I didnt like the way the guy who scored the goal took ALL the credit, after all, it WAS a team effort. I dislike'd that aspect sooo much, I gave it up. lol, my fav postion WAS defence tho.
Yeah, we have a very, very arragent, yet very good, guy as our main striker. He is always getting all the credit and everyone always says:
"OH WOW!! HE IS SSOOOO GOOD!!!!"

And then I say:
"Well if it wasn't for me on defence do you think we still would have won that game?!?!"

They ignore me because he is "SSOOO GOOD!!" BAH!!! [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img]

But I love soccer.(football ) My whole grade does. My grade and the grade ahead of us contian some of the best soccer(football ) players in the whole tri-county area. Our coaches say that if we don't win the division title on our varsity year then they will kill us. [img]smile.gif[/img]

In the last season almost all of our good players moved from JV to Varsity. They ripped the guts out of our JV team for our Varsity team. Well needless to say we tied for JV division title with two losses.

Just think what would have happened if we had ALL of our players.

Look out Livingston County. That title is ours. [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img]

Maybe even states.
Old 07-09-2002, 02:13 PM   #27
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Hmm, well so long as you have fun... I still dislike bastards, erm, er... idiots that take all the credit, please excuse my lanugage..
so you're part of a good team? good for you! now, just wait til they turn on you... for some reason they always do. anyway, been up to much? OTHEr then soccer?
Old 07-09-2002, 02:15 PM   #28
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:

Heh, I'd say they're highly correlated, at the very least! I think "boredom" causes spam, and that runs rampant during the summer (at least in the Northern hemisphere!)

-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 07-09-2002, 02:22 PM   #29
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:

Someguy, nobody except you cares what rank you are, it's who you are that counts. Besides, I know someone who has an Egyptian rank and hates it.
That's prolly cause that person doesn't speak Egyptian ! Ever tried that ? It's hard !
Old 07-09-2002, 02:24 PM   #30
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
Hmm, well so long as you have fun... I still dislike bastards, erm, er... idiots that take all the credit, please excuse my lanugage..
so you're part of a good team? good for you! now, just wait til they turn on you... for some reason they always do. anyway, been up to much? OTHEr then soccer?
Yeah, I'm part of one of the best teams. Out of my grade I'm the seconed best defender, so I don't think it would be in their best interests to turn on me. The only other person my age who is a better defender than me (at this point in time.) is a HUGE guy named Brandon. He dosn't even move fast. At one point he smashed a guy's shin gaurd right INTO HIS LEG!! The ref and coaches needed scissors to get the shards of plastic out of the kids leg. [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]

Other than soccer.... um.... well I beat ToB agian. I've been playing on the computer a little bit. Running to keep in shape for the next track season, working alot around the house, (for money of course ) relaxing, (when I can) playing AD&D, and comming to Ironworks. Oh, and reading.

Other than that, uh... its been kinda boring. :\
How about you?