Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2001, 07:46 PM   #31
Raistlin
Manshoon

The party that will make it through with the least number of reloads is
the one controlled by a careful, precise, methodical and creative player.
We have been talking about all of the special characteristics and attributes
of different classes but neglected to mention the skill of the player.
Speaking from personal experience, I have reloaded many more times than i care
to admit. However, I do know why, impatience. I just can't stand the time it takes to pile on the number of pre battle offensive and defensive spells out there.
I think the single biggest reload decreasing variable is the temperment of the gamer.

...and there you have my two cents.

------------------

Balance
Old 03-13-2001, 07:59 PM   #32
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

*clap! clap! clap!*
Well said, it is true that "haste makes waste". Good planning and organization is the way to succeed, whether game or real life.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-14-2001, 04:00 AM   #33
Kellin da Mage
Dungeon Master

Actually I use Haste to make a waist of the enemie.

I know your feeling though. Thanks to an 800mhz AMD, and UDMA/66, I can reload the game faster than I can usually spell up the party. Funny though how all that fanaminal cosmic power I have and one magic missle volley will almost bring it to a halt. *shrug* looks real kool though.

I agree though the best party is the one with the driver being cautious, and armed with the most powerfull magic item in the game. The cheet book of Walkthroughs.

Personally I gata go with Minsc, Keldorn, Aerie, Jahdera, Iemoen, and my fighter /mage. Lots of spells flying and lots of weapons smashing. Always seems that if one person in my groups goes down, I have a backup that steps in and bails out. Still every now and then I get my ass handed to me. Damm Dragons!

------------------
--Kellin da Mage--
Old 03-14-2001, 06:27 AM   #34
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Sentinel04:
Man, no has mentioned Conjurers. Man, they kick ass! Just whip up a protection from evil and cast Cacofiend. If you think that fire elemental is mean...
Yes, Conjurers are good later in the game. They get one extra spell/spell level. I think a dualclassed mage is better, because he can fight too when the spells run out.

Old 03-14-2001, 08:06 AM   #35
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:

Mages are vital if you have to fight big groups of Badguys (wow badguys) and having a Fighter dualled to a mage is usefull But having at least one full class mage is needed
Kensai/Mage (dual)
Conjurer

to recap

Inquisitor (or Ranger)
Kensai/Mage (dual)
Conjurer (or Sorcerer/Necromancer/Other Spec.)
Blade
Fighter/Assassin (Dual)
Ranger/Cleric (Dual)

Wel i removed the rest but it cleary show someone DID mention conjurers

------------------
The Legend Rikard T'Aranaxz

Master Necromancer
Clanmaster and Mental Father of the OHF

Old 03-14-2001, 08:21 AM   #36
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Raistlin:
The party that will make it through with the least number of reloads is
the one controlled by a careful, precise, methodical and creative player.
We have been talking about all of the special characteristics and attributes of different classes but neglected to mention the skill of the player.
Speaking from personal experience, I have reloaded many more times than i care
to admit.■ However, I do know why, impatience.■ I just can't stand the time it takes to pile on the number of pre battle offensive and defensive spells out there.
I think the single biggest reload decreasing variable is the temperment of the gamer.

...and there you have my two cents.
True, of course. But having a better party (like mine ) makes it possible to play the game faster, more effective. That is what I was trying to accomplish with my party. Of course I have to make a lot of preparations, and not rush into anything, but that is what is the fun of it.

Having two mages in the party is really good for your experience. I let my thief (former kensai) with 25 in pickpocket drink about 5-6 thief-potions so that he had 210 (in pick pockets) or so, and stole every scrolls I could find. Then I let my two mages drink two potions of genius each and scribed as I have never scribed before. I think I got about 150.000 experience for all that scribing. Soon my thief will be a kensai again, and it didn't take long at all.

While stealing I went to bridge district and stole and sold 300.000 (well actually 80.000, and used shadowkeeper to save time). This is a cheap way to get money, a tip for the newbies here. Now I have a lot of good equipment because of that.

P.s. No reloads yet, but I angered Bernard at the Copper Coronet, so I had to run away. Too bad, but there are other shopkeepers.
Old 03-18-2001, 04:43 PM   #37
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

7 reloads so far.

I forgot to say that my party is good because it has 2 thieves, 2 mages, 3 fighters, 1 cleric and 0.5 druids. Hehe, my kensai/thief has 56% of all kills (he is just too good).
Old 03-18-2001, 06:03 PM   #38
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

el_kalkylus, got a question for you: normally, what is the AC suppose to be around for a kensai/thief?

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-18-2001, 06:18 PM   #39
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

My kensai/thief has single weapon style, so he has -1 in AC normally.
Old 03-18-2001, 06:25 PM   #40
Horus - Egyptian Sky God