Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-12-2001, 02:38 PM   #11
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Dont ask him.....he start telling you about his fairy dragon....

------------------
[insert witty phrase here]
Old 03-12-2001, 02:51 PM   #12
Rikard

Ehm Why the Blade?
Has something to do with Fairy Dragons (BTW jerome Where do you have internet?)

Well he's a god fighter and lets your Thief focus on opening locks and invisiblity

But for you
don't take the blade
Take a Bounty Hunter

------------------
The Legend Rikard T'Aranaxz

Master Necromancer
Clanmaster and Mental Father of the OHF

Old 03-12-2001, 03:11 PM   #13
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Yes, the offensive spin is good, but otherwise...*shake my head*
I will take the bounty hunter for some easy kills.

This "what is the best party" - topic is a little bit different from those normal, because I will try to complete the game with least possible reloads.
Old 03-12-2001, 04:04 PM   #14
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

El_kalkylus, in any case, if you don't want to reload often and is starting a party new from scratch, you might want to add a paladin(cavalier or undead hunter) and ranger(normal) into the composition. Both can become decent fighters, good hitpoints, and good special abilities. As I said before, primary weapon is still fighter/mages, but in the process of character development especially during the mage part (which is the risky part), you will probably replace one (or two) fighter/mage with a paladin (and/or) ranger.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-12-2001, 04:41 PM   #15
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

When I fight beholders, I normally use the shield of balduran, which isn't possible now. It is very hard to beat them without any reloads. *sigh* This is where my party fall. Maybe I should throw in a ranger/cleric (dualled), but then I will have to get rid of someone, cause I don't want more than 4 party-members.
The bounty hunter is quite weak when fighting groups like the slavers. He would then die from arrows, but that is easily fixed with the spell protection from normal missiles. But I think there would be too much effort of protecting him all the time only because I like his traps. I think I need to replace him. The mage/cleric is also quite unecessary if I already have a healer in my party, so I have to replace her too.

What about this party:

Human Swashbuckler/mage - need some thief skills, especially find illussions (dual at level 10)
Human Kensai/thief - the same reason as above (dual at level 9)
Human Fighter/mage (no kit)- Grandmaster in short bow. (dual immediately)
Human Ranger/cleric (no kit)- I know this one has good ac and thaco etc, which makes me use it mostly as a fighter, but I will try to cast more spells, because it has so many spells. This one will use the shield of balduran. (dual immediately).

Hmmm, only humans, I always end up with only humans.

Old 03-12-2001, 04:49 PM   #16
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

The following is just suggestions to think over:
But why dual the ranger/cleric? Why not multi-class? And how about switching another multi-class thief mage rather than dualing (a gnome perhaps)?

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-12-2001, 05:11 PM   #17
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

The swashbuckler has some ac, thaco- and damage-bonuses (not much but still), and get all the thief-skills (except backstab). I only want him to get a certain amount of skills, namely detect illusions, find traps, open locks and a little in set trap, and if he dual at level 10 he will get another proficiency point, and another ac, thaco, damage -bonus (+ a snare-ability I think). If I choose a gnome illussionist/thief, he will have more thief skills than I need, and not be as good a mage as the swashbuckler/mage.

I dual the fighter because I want to be grandmaster in short bow, and get to high level as a mage later in the game.

I dual the ranger to a cleric because he/she will then get more proficiency points, and can cast higher level spells than the multiclassed ranger/cleric.
Old 03-12-2001, 05:21 PM   #18
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

But won't it be difficult to protect the low level dualed characters? They might have the HP to take the damage, but it is still pretty risky. That's why I don't have a party of all dual fighter/mage and fighter/thief.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-12-2001, 05:37 PM   #19
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Ok, lets play with the thought.

In the beginning, I will have a kensai, a swashbuckler, a mage, and a cleric. The mage and cleric will be at low levels, but can still cast some useful spells to help me get out of the dungeon. The kensai is such a good fighter that he kills all the mephits by himself (I have done it so many times that I know it is possible). When it is time for the kensai and the swashbuckler to dual, I will have a ranger/cleric and a fighter/mage to back them up. In this period of time I would do wisely to chose easy missions, for example doing the thief-quests.

Don't you think it can be done? Is it still too risky? I know that after the dungeon, I will have possession of wand of cloudkill and wand of monster summoning to help me out.
Old 03-12-2001, 05:38 PM   #20
Sentinel04
The Magister

I'm not much for dual classes, so here's my opinion of the best...

Cleric
Conjurer
Evoker
Fighter
Druid
Ranger

------------------