Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2000, 06:51 AM   #21
Suul-Yinn

All right stop gloating all you Aussies. Some of us poor bastards live in Scotland where the sun is a thing of mystery and legend, seen less frequently than the Loch Ness monster. If any of you fancy to see water actually falling from the sky( known locally as rain), please reply and we can arrange an exchange.

PS As regards the original question, maybe we should have a poll to see who we should put forward as the Patron Saint of gamers, Armisael, Memnoch or one of the many other bleary eyed members who stares at a screen far too often

Old 12-01-2000, 06:59 AM   #22
Armisael

Gee. Thanks. At least you can rug up.

Old 12-01-2000, 07:01 AM   #23
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I think we should call Suul Yinn the Stealth Bomber, sneaks up when no one's around, drops a ton of posts then vanishes without a trace for days!
Old 12-01-2000, 07:54 AM   #24
Suul-Yinn

LOL thanks Memnoch, that has cheered me up. I have been busy, but today is my day off so I can catch up whilst the plumber fixes my shower. The bill so far is £100 and rising so anything that makes me smile is appreciated.

Old 12-01-2000, 08:03 AM   #25
Suul-Yinn

Armisael, luckily my wife gets cold too...

Old 12-01-2000, 08:24 AM   #26
Armisael

Gah! I don't get any at all in summer. That's why I live in Melbourne, on the off-chance that we'll get a Wacky Weather Day (WWD) and it'll rain and hail when, by all rights, we should all be roasting alive as per the norm.

Old 12-01-2000, 09:27 AM   #27
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

Lucky gibberlings! I have definitely improved my availability to Sun by taking the opportunity to move from Cambridge UK to Washington DC for the last 3 yrs or so, but I'd still give it all up at a shout to move to Australia. You live in an awesome, exciting country with very friendly people Memnoch / Armisael (and you can buy smokes in 40 per pack which might have something to do with it)...

Now if only I could land that job tending to the rainforest on Fraser Island, and hardwire a beach shack with a T3..

Well I can dream can't I? Perhaps Ziroc could open up the Sandworks just down the road..
Old 12-01-2000, 05:51 PM   #28
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Thanks for the welcome, Teeka. I think there are a lot of female RPGers out there, but many may not want to go on any forums for fear of being ragged on for being a girl. I too was a bit hesitant joining this forum, but am glad to say that everyone has been very kind, funny and helpful! Well, except for that one guy MorningGourd. His reply to one of my questions was "just shakes his head"!???
Old 12-01-2000, 06:47 PM   #29
Suul-Yinn

Ladyzekke, don't worry as this is one of the friendliest boards around with a good cross-section of nationalities, ages and sexes(well 2 at least). Luckily you missed the only two persistent idiots, who were quickly banned. Feel free to post as often as you want as there are quite a few lady members who contribute regularly and who's viewpoint is appreciated. Welcome

Old 12-01-2000, 07:20 PM   #30
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Thank you, Suul-Yinn. I agree that this board has quite a variety of good people! I think it is great that one game can bring so many people together from all over the world! I live in Virginia USA, Tysons Corner, Computer/Internet Giant! Sometimes you forget that others are playing Baldurs Gate II as well in other countries, perhaps more so than even in America. I have used the Internet for many years, but this is the first time I have ever participated in a forum or any "chat" sites. I am beginning to feel the wonders of the world wide web! I don't know anyone else personally that is playing Baldurs' 2 right now, so it is nice to talk about the game with people who have been there done that. With that said, I must take leave now. Gollums to kill, you know.