Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2001, 07:41 AM   #1
Kalek
Welcomed New User

Hello, I have completed IWD more than once, but there are several things I can't find. Can anyone help me. I'll start with the one that I am most qurious about. There is a locked building in Kuldahar that I cannot open. Anyone know whats in it and how to open it?
Kalek
Kalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 08:18 AM   #2
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Kalek:
Hello, I have completed IWD more than once, but there are several things I can't find. Can anyone help me. I'll start with the one that I am most qurious about. There is a locked building in Kuldahar that I cannot open. Anyone know whats in it and how to open it?
Kalek

You can't open that door, it's what is used to access the new areas in HoW if you install the addon. To be more precise it's how you get to the new areas without finishing IWD first. If you import a party that has finished IWD already then you automatically start in the new area of Lonelywood.

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger
Old 05-08-2001, 05:11 PM   #3
Kalek
Welcomed New User

Thanks Sir Tainly, I try to open that door every time I walk by it. Can anyone tell me about Marketh's portrait when you get to Dorn's Deep. The little artist gives it to you, but I never found what to do with it. Also one more thing, in the Vale of Shadows you find one or two pieces of broken armor. Has anyone found a use for those or are they just trash? Thanks for the help.
Kalek
Old 05-08-2001, 09:36 PM   #4
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Kalek, the armor is good for selling, thats it. Not a bad price for crap armor either. The portrait ....well I never found a use for it. Never tried to sell it even but maybe it might bring in a few gold who knows
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 11:30 PM   #5
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Kalek, the armor is good for selling, thats it. Not a bad price for crap armor either. The portrait ....well I never found a use for it. Never tried to sell it even but maybe it might bring in a few gold who knows
Spoiler
I read on this board, before the big crash, that if you have a Bard in your party and enter the right dialogue sequence with one of Marketh's henchmen, you can convince the henchman to leave Marketh's service and pursue a career as an artist.

------------------

Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.
Father Bronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2001, 12:16 AM   #6
Kalek
Welcomed New User

Thanks Father Bronze, I'll try that. It seems like every little item in the game should have a use. Does anyone know if Mother Euginia ever returns to Kuldahar after you rescue her from the Talonite priests? The lead priest at the temple in Kuldahar keeps saying she awaits the return of Mother Euginia but I have never seen her return.

Kalek, Cryptic Harbinger of Doom
Old 05-09-2001, 04:19 AM   #7
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Kalek:
Thanks Father Bronze, I'll try that. It seems like every little item in the game should have a use. Does anyone know if Mother Euginia ever returns to Kuldahar after you rescue her from the Talonite priests? The lead priest at the temple in Kuldahar keeps saying she awaits the return of Mother Euginia but I have never seen her return.

Kalek, Cryptic Harbinger of Doom
Well I believe her return is the same as the hostages. if you rest between killing the big boss monster upstairs, and returning to free them, they disappear, never to return to Kuldahar.

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger