Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-24-2002, 08:33 PM   #11
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I would never betray Kaltia and the cause
Old 08-24-2002, 08:37 PM   #12
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Think of it shadowhound, the silent assassins where an individuals cause can become the whole community's cause, as a limited time offer you get to keep the arch devil's pitchfork and be my second in command!
Old 08-24-2002, 08:41 PM   #13
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

NEVER!!!
Old 08-24-2002, 08:42 PM   #14
imported_Evil_Dead_Raven
Welcomed New User

Can I be the silent assassins ninja practisioner of the dark arts of eye gouging and nipple twists and other generaly painfull things.

And I could also be the armys inquisitor Cause it would save money if we fill more than one job each.
Old 08-24-2002, 08:47 PM   #15
Leshrac
Elite Waterdeep Guard

GREAT IDEA!!! i may not join the silent assassins, but i think that a large number of cults and armies, and everyone in the forum should join one, and then there should be a new section made in the forum especially for wars and whatnot!!!

i'll think about joining cause of the cool name, but i don't really have anything against Kaltia, so i'll think about it.
Old 08-24-2002, 08:56 PM   #16
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by whacky:
Those of you who just want chaos, war and most importantly evil to prevail come join me, we'll have our own group and work against these people, once we build an army good enough, we'll take over IW(that doesnt include cloudy's cafe) so come one who is with me.
P.S. we're hiring our mercenaries as well!!
Hey - I've got an even better idea. Take this crap to Cloudy's cafe - that way we can keep all the bullshit posts in one place and the more intelligent and original threads can stay on page one a little longer.

If anyone else is getting as pissed off as me with the amount of spam on ironworks General Discusion please post here
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 08-24-2002, 08:58 PM   #17
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Evil_Dead_Raven i now pronounce you the official ninja practisioner of the dark arts of eye gouging and nipple twists and other generaly painfull things as well as our inqusitor, dont worry about money though, our coffers are filled with what we loot from IW members!
And Leshrac you are more than welcome to join, it really doesnt matter of you have anything against Kaltia or not, if yer not a member of the GA or the rebellion better be part of the silent assassins, that we you'll get support from atleast one of the factions!
Old 08-24-2002, 09:10 PM   #18
Legolas
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Leshrac:
GREAT IDEA!!! i may not join the silent assassins, but i think that a large number of cults and armies, and everyone in the forum should join one, and then there should be a new section made in the forum especially for wars and whatnot!!!

i'll think about joining cause of the cool name, but i don't really have anything against Kaltia, so i'll think about it.
It does sound good at first glance, no?
Unfortunately, there are a number of difficulties. First, not everyone may want to join a cult or army. New members haven't a clue as to what's going on, and just like more senior members may not want to take part. Can we force them to join anything, and will it help anyone? The answer's no, let only those wanting to join, join.
The second problem is that over time, there'll evolve a huge number of slightly different "armies", some counting two members, others a hundred. Who can keep track of all that and make fights reasonably fair? Politics would become a pain, and anyone not visiting the forum for two days will have no clue as to what's going on anymore.
Making camps can often cause hostilities amongst members which would otherwise not have occurred.
Finally, although battles sounds cool, pitting two or more humans against eachother will rarely evolve into a good fight. An extensive set of rules will be needed, along with dozens of umpires to keep everything going properly. If you can come up with a good set of rules for large conflicts involving many different humn players, be so kind as to let us know

That being the case, there is a section on the Ironworks made specifically for roleplaying. At the moment there are all sorts of different games going on, although the pace is of course not as fast as a 'real' roleplaying game because of timezones etc.. Settings vary from fantasy Dark Agges to a sci-fi space age, and some adventures are actually set in the real world. You can also create your own game at any time. Although many of the games are not really using rules but are more matters of 'common sense', there are a few who differ. Again, you can make your own variation.
The one thing you're not allowed to do there is start a new clan, even if you can join an existing one. The reason is the above-mentioned problem with oversight.
On the other hand, you are allowed to roleplay a member of a new clan within a single thread, and carry over the character and his/her history to other threads you participate in.

The seperate roleplay section, by the way, is all the way down the list with forums, and called "Ironworks Online Roleplaying". Do come visit sometime [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2002, 10:55 AM   #19
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Well said, Legolas. I'm noticing a big increase in the level of spam here over the last few days - I appreciate that everyone's excited about Ironworks being back, but we need to temper our exuberance with moderation. We don't need multiple spam threads about similar things - we have Poke, we have the Charge of Chaos, and now we have this one. I also see a few more around the place. Like I said, it's great everyone's having fun - we like that. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Let's just not go overboard, eh? [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm locking this one - if anyone wants to start up a guild then you're more than welcome to go to our Roleplaying Forum and follow the protocols for joining a guild there. Larry and Cloudy will be more than happy to assist you in this. [img]smile.gif[/img]