Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-27-2001, 10:28 AM   #1
crimsonson
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi all!
I am newb! No shame in that! Right?
Here is my party:
Ranger - Me
Minsc
Anomen
MAzzy
Yoshimo
Edwin

Doing well so far using MAgic Missiles and Fireball, with fighters as tanks. Missile weapons as needed.
I am considering Viconia and that other knight from the Radiant Heart to replace Anomen and MAzzy.
Any opinions? though keep the spoilers low since I am only in Chapter 3

------------------
"Naive romantics would like you to believe that this heart, at the core, is in perfect health."
Chinua Achebe
Old 09-27-2001, 10:40 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Viconia and Keldorn( the Paladin) do not get along well. They will end up fighting.

Anomen is a stronger Cleric than Viconia, unless you wanna romance her.

No romancing? Then Anomen and Keldorn.

Wanna love her? Then Viconia and Anomen/Mazzy.

Yoshimo spoiler!
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Might wanna replace him with Jan. Yoshi boy is gonna betray you.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Paladin meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a bard and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 09-27-2001, 01:45 PM   #3
Tyrion
Quintesson

I would trade someone for Valygar, simply coz I like him and his dreadlocks!

------------------
"No!" shreiked Tyrion. Though the sword felt heavy as a fallen tree he lifted it. He saw the deamon look up, astonished. He brought down the blade with the awesome majestic power of a falling thunderbolt. The burning blade caught the deamon right in the centre of its forehead. The deamon's head fell apart under the force of the impact. The deamon N'kari sank to its knees, dead.

-Tyrion at the battle of the Blighted Isle.
Right now he is mourning for USA.
Old 09-27-2001, 03:11 PM   #4
PoesRaven
Manshoon

seems a good party to me, but be careful with Edwin, he can be a bit tempramental
Old 09-27-2001, 03:16 PM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

WOAH! How come I didn't notice it before?

Minsc and Edwin spoiler.
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
The two of them will eventually fight. You are gonna have to choose one of them.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Paladin meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a bard and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 09-27-2001, 04:04 PM   #6
Lord Arn Dragonfire
The Magister

well lets see...

this is ur party
Ranger - Me
Minsc
Anomen
MAzzy
Yoshimo
Edwin

I would change it to this
Ranger - u
Minsc
Keldorn
Mazzy/ but I would prefer Jaheira
Jan
Aerie
Old 09-27-2001, 04:55 PM   #7
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

This could of course go on forever. Switch them around and get all the quests then decide who you like. And welcome to Ironworks!
Old 09-27-2001, 06:16 PM   #8
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Personally I would recommend against Lord Arn's recommended party. You have no pure mages or clerics in the bunch (while the healing duties will be ok with a multi classed cleric and a multiclassed druid in the group you still miss on high level cleric spells). But then there is mage. You have no pure mage. Multiclassed characters do not level up fast enough and for mages that means you miss out on the best spells (you will not get to cast level 8 mage spells with aerie by the end of the game).

Personally I think from a pure power perspective Anomen is the strongest NPC in the game so don't bail on him unless you really need to.

I agree on not using yoshi. aside from the afore mentioned reason Jan (along with minsc) is the most entertaining NPC in the game. he is great at all non combat thieving stuff and is good as a backup spellcaster. Also there are some classic interactions with Jan and some of the other NPCS (hehe I still laugh when I think of Jan's story about the flesh golem

Actually if you do what you said and replaced mazzy with keldorn (the paladin you refered too) and ditched yoshi for Jan that would be similar to a party I had gone through with once before. very melee heavy. works great