Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-26-2001, 11:05 PM   #1
I Give Up
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Can anyone give me some advice on how to create superior necromancer? Like what spells work best? What armor/items/weapons/alignment/reputation and such. Thanks.

------------------
--Retreat is not an option--

Old 08-27-2001, 12:00 AM   #2
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by I Give Up:
Can anyone give me some advice on how to create superior necromancer? Like what spells work best? What armor/items/weapons/alignment/reputation and such. Thanks.

Well, a high intelligence is a must (18 definitely); an 18 in dexterity and a 16 in constitution is also nice. You will have a minimum of 16 in wisdom (standard for necromancers).

Alignment should be evil, unless you want to play a grim good guy (most necromancers are evil, but some good ones exist who study the art of death to exact revenge on an evil opponent who destroyed their lives). If evil, unless you feel really confident in your abilities (and don't want to use neutral characters to help round out the group), I would keep my reputation around the neutral range. Most evil characters are smart enough to keep a low profile in good and neutral lands; a character with 18 intelligence and 16 wisdom should definitely do the same. If good, do the normal good things (max out rep, unless you are mixing neutrals in).

As far as equipment is concerned, get the Robe of Vecna as soon as possible (most powerful robe plus it was used by a lich). Otherwise, standard equipment for mages.

Spells should be the most useful, with a little extra necromantic thrown in. You can't learn illusion spells, but other than that you are unrestricted on spell selection. If you really want to fit the mold, lean more towards direct damage and the necromantic spells.

Hope that helps!

------------------

Death is only the beginning...
Old 08-27-2001, 12:19 AM   #3
I Give Up
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks. I'm Lawful Evil and my rep is 9. I was planning on lowering it by killing the locals but Minsc gets pi$$ed and won't have anything to do with it. I don't have another warrior to replace him. Are there any evil clerics? Party as of now.

Nar'Jueld (Necromancer.Law/Evil)
Minsc (<--)
Yosh
Jaheria

------------------

Old 08-27-2001, 12:22 AM   #4
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Viconia, I believe, is the only Evil Cleric in the game that can join your party.
Old 08-27-2001, 12:30 AM   #5
deathknight
Drow Warrior

You will probably want to add Edwin as well to keep with your evil theme. oh and Korgan is an evil berserker. He is a tough SOB and would be a good replacement for Minsc.
Old 08-27-2001, 11:34 AM   #6
I Give Up
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the feedback. I'll add Viconia, Korgan and Edwin when I find them.

------------------

Old 08-27-2001, 11:52 AM   #7
Sorcerer Alex

In the equipment department definitely get:

- Bracers of defense AC 3
- Ring of protection +2
- Staff of Rhynn +4
- Cloak of the sewers
- Girdle of Hill giant strength

Old 08-27-2001, 12:20 PM   #8
Jake
Banned User

Edwins going to be a better mage than you, hes a in the conjuration school, extra spell per level, and is a red wizard, he gets 2 extra spells per level for that and lots of extra lore. Some of my favorite spells are in illusion, shadow door and mislead.
Old 08-27-2001, 01:07 PM   #9
Istaron
Banned User

The to four best items a mage can get is (the best is listed first):Robe of Vecna, Ring of Wizardy, Staff of Magi, Amulet of Power and Ring of Acuticy (or whatever it is called).
Istaron (wich means Great Wixard) has spoken!

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen