Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2003, 11:33 PM   #1
HolyWarrior
User Suspended for 2 weeks by Ziroc [Dec30]

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/...850321,00.html

Quote:
Enviros Claim Attacks On
Over 30 SUVs In
Richmond, VA
By Duncan Campbell in Los Angeles
The Guardian - UK
11-29-2

More than 30 SUVs in the Richmond, Virginia, area have been attacked with chemicals and hatchets over the past few weeks and had their tyres slashed. The initials ELF (Earth Liberation Front) were found after some of the attacks.

In a statement posted on its website, the ELF said that although it had "not received a communique from the cell operating in the area, graffiti and notes left at targets are legitimate claims of responsibility and indicate the Earth Liberation Front is involved in these actions. ELF actions are a reminder to SUV owners of how their personal choices affect the society and environment in which they live".

The ELF said that the SUVs were targets because their drivers "contribute to the degradation of the environment at a much greater rate than those who drive smaller vehicles - or don't drive at all".
Just WTF business is it of theirs what people drive? These pukes are just as dangerous as Al-Qaida and should be treated as such.
UP YOURS, ELF!
Old 01-05-2003, 12:05 AM   #2
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

LOL, people of that stripe are always happiest when they are telling people what not to do. I wish they would assault my Chevy Suburban. My dog, Pugsley, would like to have a word with them.
Old 01-05-2003, 12:41 AM   #3
homer
Manshoon

While I tend to agree that this type of activity is uncalled for, I would not compare slashing tires with killing people.
Old 01-05-2003, 02:40 AM   #4
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

I hate people who damage other peoples' stuff (or steal it)
on the other hand, I also hate people who drive 4x4s (except for people who *actually* take them off-road). why do so many people think they need a #$^&^# tank to drive around the city with ? 4x4 drivers also seem to ALWAYS pull halfway into an intersection next to me. I can never see traffic coming until the damn 4x4 moves, which is usually long after I could have gone, if only I could have seen the road. why do they need to do this ? they have a high car and can easily see over other cars, whereas I CANT see past their big stupid truck.

grrrr to trucks, 4x4s etc
grrrr to stupid hippies

Edit: woohoo 100 posts

[ 01-05-2003, 02:41 AM: Message edited by: karlosovic ]
Old 01-05-2003, 08:16 AM   #5
Eisenschwarz

Quote:
Originally posted by HolyWarrior:

Just WTF business is it of theirs what people drive? These pukes are just as dangerous as Al-Qaida and should be treated as such.
UP YOURS, ELF! [/QB]
Look at it this way,
Those SUV’s are a waste of our finite resources and energy.
You don’t need one unless you’re actually going to be driving off road.
Not only that, but they are also very inefficient and waste much oil and create much pollution.
This is bad, since it contributes towards environmental damage and global warming etc and dependency on oil.

Now, The American government is not going to do anything, so these people have decided to take Direct Action, Sometimes This can be justified,
And I find it hard to feel sympathy for people who can afford those great machines while there are people starving for the want of a little Maize in Africa.

Old 01-05-2003, 09:06 AM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Eisenschwarz:
quote:
Originally posted by HolyWarrior:

UP YOURS, ELF!
Look at it this way,
Not only that, but they are also very inefficient and waste much oil and create much pollution.
This is bad, since it contributes towards environmental damage and global warming etc and dependency on oil.

Now, The American government is not going to do anything, so these people have decided to take Direct Action, Sometimes This can be justified,
And I find it hard to feel sympathy for people who can afford those great machines while there are people starving for the want of a little Maize in Africa.[/QB][/QUOTE]Oh PLEASE..... people can't drive a big car, because there are people starving in Africa ? That's the stupidest thing i've ever heard.
Old 01-05-2003, 09:12 AM   #7
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Oh PLEASE..... people can't drive a big car, because there are people starving in Africa ? That's the stupidest thing i've ever heard.
I don't think he was saying that people can't drive large vehicles as much as he was saying that these people are merely standing up for their beliefs (the validity or truth behind which is another matter entirely). Taking a stand for one's beliefs has been quite an issue as of late, there's going to be a large-scale conflict in Iraq quite soon because of it...
Old 01-05-2003, 12:01 PM   #8
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

Then I'll be supporting my beliefs when I shoot some of these idiots trying to trash my vehicle. THEY ARE TERRORISTS. They are involved in bombings, arsons, and assaults against people. They are allied with the animal liberation front. And both recieve funding from peta. They are not just a bunch of misguided kids, they are criminals.
Old 01-05-2003, 01:23 PM   #9
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

personally I find it hard to take seriously any organisation that ends with "liberation front". It's just too.... monty python

SPLITTERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2003, 03:09 PM   #10
Judas Maccabeus
The Magister

Quote:

And I find it hard to feel sympathy for people who can afford those great machines while there are people starving for the want of a little Maize in Africa.
These people may be allowed to have their own opinions, but vandalism is NOT legal protest. The Constitution allows people to PEACEFULLY protest, but destruction of property is NOT PEACEFUL and is ILLEGAL.
<br /><br />\'Far be it from me to do such a thing as flee from them! If our time has come, let us die bravely for our kinsmen and not leave a stain upon our glory!\'<br />--1 Maccabees 9:10