Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2001, 03:52 AM   #21
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Sports flirting lol [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] Is that what we're doing ? Uh... pucker up, Sultan, here's a sports smooch!!! [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Back of a truck, hah! Get with the times, Grandpa, they're posted on the net now Actually this semester was the first time they've been posted on the Courier Mail website, don't know why they did that actually. But they're always on the UQ site. Hmm, well my no 5s or lower streak stretches four semesters now, first year I did something very stupid and did two engineering maths subjects - 'Linear Algebra' and 'Multi-Variate Calculus and Differential Equations', which I was extremely bad at and got a five and a four. Stuffed up my GPA too. But it's over six now finally.

Well a very disappointing day in sport. I may have to sell my foam hand to Pangur if tomorrow doesn't improve But I have faith in the Bat. A big double century would do nicely. Lleyton and Pat on the other hand... no I have faith in them too.

Oh I see, taking an arts student. Hmmm, nope! Don't know any arts students. Does she post on here? Arts student indeed. You look up my results and you'll find them safe and sound in the Biological and Chemical Sciences Faculty [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2001, 05:34 AM   #22
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:

LOL, no dear, he means ME! Good excuse to get a little barb in though [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

I really should register again with a name no one can make fun of!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2001, 05:49 AM   #23
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Hi Donut - I just figured it was another barb from Barb, and was letting it pass through to the keeper - I know that he really meant to say "Green and GOLD", the latter being the type of medal that we won so monotonously at the Syd-er-ney Olympics . Oh, and better news yet - NZ are 7/285 now - much better than the 2/218 of an hour or two ago, and I am sure Donut, that you have the nous to reverse the above scores (ie 218/2) to fit in with the normal backward way of thinking in British Cricket .

This thread has gone a bit quiet recently.

There is a problem with my cricinfo page on the net. It shows the score as 534/9 declared, that can't be right can it? Whichever way round you look at it. Not New Zealand, I didn't think they were very good.

Never mind, only 209 more needed to avoid the follow on. [img]smile.gif[/img]

O/T not really about Aussie sport but the World Cup draw is about to take place in Busan. Need to avoid France, Argentina, Italy and Ireland.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 12-01-2001, 06:20 AM   #24
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Not off topic at all Donut - soccer is sport and you are on a sport thread Why the need to avoid Ireland - do they always beat you??? - puzzled at your reluctance to draw them?

Aelia, hmm, no it has been a very poor day on 3 fronts :
1) The NZeders made too many runs, and the BAT is out [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]
2) Pat and Leyton lost the doubles (ack, they had just cruised through the first set when I teed off.
3) I had a return of the "pull-hooks" and spent most of today in the wilderness that is known as the "left rough" (Davros's gold game for the uninitiated).

On GPA's, mine started out average at 5.3, but I acheved my goal of improving it in every succesive semester. Last 3 were above 6 (for 9-10 subjects each semester), and, most importantly, I dragged myself up into the "First Class Honours" category, and maintained it through the final semester. We had a pretty tough class - the 3 University medallists from the entire engineering faculty (450 students) were all from my Chem Eng class.

What a terrible sporting day - hmm, and you never made mention of the wedding invitataion
Old 12-01-2001, 06:34 AM   #25
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Not off topic at all Donut - soccer is sport and you are on a sport thread Why the need to avoid Ireland - do they always beat you??? - puzzled at your reluctance to draw them?

The thread specifies 'Aussie Sport'.

Lucky old England - drawn Argentina and Sweden. I don't think it could be much more difficult. Haven't beaten Sweden since the 60's and haven't beaten the cheating Argies since the Falklands.

Still if you're going to win it you have to beat these teams at some time. We could get the US as the fourth member of the group.

Why Ireland? Like Australia, Ireland bring baggage with them when they play England . Their players become world beaters.

Go for it Sven!!!!!!!!!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 12-01-2001, 06:47 AM   #26
Davros
Takhisis Follower

I can assume that given the timing of your posting, Arsenal aren't playing at Highbury today . Oh, touche - an Aussie sport thread - how adroitly put (mumble fume splutter). Hope you don't suffer from any "Hand of God" goals this time. Are you considering travelling over for it. I was thinking about it if only ....... damn, I am back walking that road again (sigh).

What's this about a rumour that the World Cup holder will have to qualify from now on - is that so the Oceania conference can get an automatic qualifying spot in the future???
Old 12-01-2001, 06:50 AM   #27
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
I can assume that given the timing of your posting, Arsenal aren't playing at Highbury today . Oh, touche - an Aussie sport thread - how adroitly put (mumble fume splutter). Hope you don't suffer from any "Hand of God" goals this time. Are you considering travelling over for it. I was thinking about it if only ....... damn, I am back walking that road again (sigh).

What's this about a rumour that the World Cup holder will have to qualify from now on - is that so the Oceania conference can get an automatic qualifying spot in the future???

Arrghhhhhhhhh! We're in the group of death. Nigeria are the fourth team.!
Old 12-01-2001, 06:53 AM   #28
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

Arrghhhhhhhhh! We're in the group of death. Nigeria are the fourth team.!

And this would be a bad thing why????? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 12-01-2001, 07:03 AM   #29
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Argh, help Aelia, the Fosters Foisters are ganging up on me!!! Well actually, it looks like me and Mouse are allying against the forces of Donut - hmm, you make a good point Mouse, and I mustsay it was eloquently expressed .
Old 12-01-2001, 07:08 AM   #30
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:

And this would be a bad thing why????? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ah Mouse, I was just about to go into a big spiel about strong teams in Africa when I remembered your heritage. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'll send you a postcard from Japan.

So if we qualify second in our group we are likely to face France in the next roud knockout.

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!