Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-13-2001, 12:24 AM   #11
Atomizer
Dungeon Master

Well, I guess I'll answer it then.

1. You don't (or shouldn't if it's even possible) export/extract items with Shadowkeeper; a utility on teambg.com "biftool" will do this for you.

2. You don't export anything if you want to create an item; creating means making from the beginning. (assuming you're using IEEP)
Old 05-13-2001, 12:28 AM   #12
BladeMaster

Atomizer I need to know if you can change the color of the flames around the swords

------------------

Old 05-13-2001, 12:39 AM   #13
Atomizer
Dungeon Master

Probably. In the first pane, under the 'equipping effects' heading, try "Change Colors by RGB" or "Set Item Colors". I haven't bothered with colors before, so this is all I can suggest.
Old 05-13-2001, 12:43 AM   #14
BladeMaster

At least you answered my question. I will give it a try and if it works I'll let you know. I have a bunch of Baneblades from the Fall of Myth Drannor to make and they each have a different color flame

------------------

Old 05-13-2001, 01:41 AM   #15
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Atomizer:
Well, I guess I'll answer it then.

1. You don't (or shouldn't if it's even possible) export/extract items with Shadowkeeper; a utility on teambg.com "biftool" will do this for you.

2. You don't export anything if you want to create an item; creating means making from the beginning. (assuming you're using IEEP)
well i've made several items. and i always use shadowkeeper to export/import them. its the easiest way i've found. its much simpler then the biff tools or bif extractors. you just pick the item in the item browser. then click the button that says export item. and boom, you have an .itm file in your overide file ready to play with. just open it in IEEP and off you go.

------------------

Lord of the Screen Shot
Get My IronWorks Winamp skin
Old 05-13-2001, 01:50 AM   #16
BladeMaster

Hey Slacker do you have an answer on how to make the flames around the blade a different color

------------------

Old 05-14-2001, 05:01 PM   #17
Atomizer
Dungeon Master

If you are "making" an item you shouldn't have to extract anything; I think you're referring to "editing" items. There's a difference.
Old 05-14-2001, 05:20 PM   #18
BladeMaster

That is true but if you do not want to have any problems making the item export the item and customize it that way there are no problems with the look of the item on your character.

------------------