Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2001, 05:46 PM   #11
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

try it on goblins, it works wonder...
Old 04-04-2001, 05:52 PM   #12
Tancred
White Dragon

Mass Invisibility! MASS INVISIBILITY! MASS INVISIBILITY!!!!! Turns certain encounters into laughable farces as your fighters position themselves perfectly! Only not of use against Kuo-Toa! And yes, it's level 7. There is no other choice, in my opinion.

Tancred

"Now you see me, now you've - cast Purge Invisibility. "
- Edwin
Old 04-04-2001, 06:00 PM   #13
Azred
Drow Priestess

Quote:
Originally posted by RadioClash:
Azred-

Where did you hear about this 14% chance? The manual states:"Any creature that is caught within the area of effect will be touched by one or two of the rays."

In my mind, it sounds inevitable that all creatures in the path will be hit by *something*.
Yes, each creature within the spray's area of effect is hit by an effect, but each individual effect has only a 14% chance of hitting a particular creature. Three of the effects have a saving throw to avoid all unpleasantness.

That must be the result of too much math. What am I saying?!? You can never have too much math....

------------------
An intelligent mind is the key to the universe.

The most distressing thing about practicing magic is the fact that even the most learned sorcerers cannot accurately describe what magic *is*....
Old 04-04-2001, 06:49 PM   #14
Lord Shield

Invisibility also hopeless vs Vampiric Mists and Dragons. This is because all our characters SMELL! When was the last time they BATHED! Has anyone seen them do it? Where is SOAP in their inventories.
POOEY!

Old 04-05-2001, 05:11 AM   #15
Altranan
Dungeon Master

Are you slightly over-sensitive about your...how shall we say...pheromones?
Is there something you want to tell us?
Just let it all out.
Old 04-05-2001, 07:40 AM   #16
Lord Shield

Phaere moans? Oh yes, she did, didn't she? As for letting it all out, that's a good point. When have you ever noticed one of the main characters drop one?

Old 04-05-2001, 09:33 AM   #17
Lifetime
Red Dragon

The 14% chance probably comes from looking at the spell too much with IEEP
If you use a spell editor to look at the game, you'll find that the visual effect is well, just a visual effect. The real nuts and bolts of the spell are like 14% petrify, 14% death, 14% deal ** damage etc for each colour. Meaning (I forgot how many colours there are) that each colour (with it's effects) has a 14% chance of happening on a target, and there is a chance that by luck a creature will manage to avoid the effects of the spell completely..
Someone tell me that issint as confusing as I think it is..

------------------
Why?
Old 04-05-2001, 09:38 AM   #18
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Okay I just thought about this.
Prismatic Spray is not an automatic hit spell like Burning Hands. It is more closely related to Cone of Cold. The only reason why Cone of Cold hits all the time (so long as you aim it well of course) is because there is only 1 game effect, that is to deal cold damage. Prismatic Spray has 6 different effects, each with a 14% chance of hitting a target. With a 14% chance it is possible that a creature could avoid most or all of the effects, and/or make successful saving throws against hits, making the spell effectively useless.
I'm not saying the spell is useless because I like it, but it CAN be useless.

------------------
Why?