Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Where would you like to go?
East Europe 2 5.41%
West Europe 4 10.81%
Africa 1 2.70%
Middle East 9 24.32%
Far East / Asia 7 18.92%
North America 3 8.11%
South America 5 13.51%
Australia / South Pacific 3 8.11%
Other 3 8.11%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-16-2003, 10:57 PM   #1
wellard
Dracolisk

Congratulations! You have just won the chance of a holiday. Please tick the box to one area you would most like to visit and in a paragraph or two explain why?

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 11:14 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Woohoo! Although, winning the chance of a holiday sounds a bit suss. Are you a telemarketer, Wellard? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I chose western Europe - Italy, Greece, Spain, France, and so on so I can go see all the ancient sites and artifacts in the museums and experience for myself all the history and the wonder that I spent 4 years studying. I'd also enjoy it because I'd love to go somewhere that is so old and steeped in not just ancient history but just history - all the architecture and narrow streets and walled cities and castles and all that stuff - Australia has so much going for it but it's so young and sterile in a certain way. The oldest building in Brisbane was built in the 1800s. Just a baby! I'd love to go somewhere where you just look out the window and are reminded of the past!
Old 09-17-2003, 02:12 AM   #3
Azimaith
Manshoon

Definately Israel, a place with so much Judeaic Mythology I practically salivate at the thought of being where they were based on. I've already been to western Europe, heres a short description.

Britain: Beautiful, rainly, but very classical and cultured feeling.
Germany: Clean, technological looking, nice though really dark forests.
Italy: Dirty, hot, er did I mention dirty? Nasty little place, If I never go there again it will be too soon. Venice was ok but every where else was just like down town LA.
Amsterdam: Cold, rainy, old looking though not in the good old english ways. What culture would make open sewers near the streets and pile them up with 20 tons of stolen bycicles? The Dutch naturally.
France: Hot, dry, dirty, very very ovverated. The few places of cultural interest that AREN'T paved around completely. Everything that was old and renaissance like is gone or turned into an asphalt tourist park save for perhaps Versaille, the Louvre has already been butchered by ugly huge steel monoliths.
Switzerland: Beautiful, cool, VERY clean, crisp, efficient, environmentally friendly, wonderful, wonderful place, during the summer mountains were still snowcapped and we could actually take a cable trolley up mount Pilatus which had snow still on it! The best place in Europe to visit, a wonderful wonderful country.
Vatican City: Nice but tiny, not much to see there, rabid street vendors, be careful.
The Democrats bash the Republicans and the Republicans bash the democrats, now everyones got mud in their eyes and they can\'t see what matters.<br />Check out this site: [url]\"http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm</a>
Azimaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 07:23 AM   #4
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Two places for the sake od the soccer:
  • Nethelands-Edgar Davids` Square
  • Brazil-anywhere where I can play soccer
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 09:00 AM   #5
Zero Alpha

i chose north america, because you didnt have where i really wanted to go. CANADA
Old 09-17-2003, 07:43 PM   #6
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:

I chose western Europe - Italy, Greece, Spain, France, and so on so I can go see all the ancient sites and artifacts in the museums and experience for myself all the history and the wonder that I spent 4 years studying. I'd also enjoy it because I'd love to go somewhere that is so old and steeped in not just ancient history but just history - all the architecture and narrow streets and walled cities and castles and all that stuff
I Love the Historic side to Europe to!. After banging my head on a low joist (roof beam) in a pub in Britain I was shown the reason why the roof was so low, On the stone archway to the front door was "built in 1547 AD"

There are castles and battle sites everywhere, all bringing back life to the pages in my old school history books. Australia does seem sterile when put into that context.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 09:13 AM   #7
AvengingAngel535
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Castles are nice. I voted east Europe, but west might be cool too.
Old 09-18-2003, 11:12 PM   #8
Son of Osiris

Personally, I'd like to go to the Mid-East. That place is the site of many events in the Bible. From the beginning of our planet, to the end of it. It seems like a cool place to go...if only the Squeaky Wheel (Al-Qaeda) got the Grease (Moabs shoved up asses)
Old 09-18-2003, 11:59 PM   #9
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

Western Europe. There's just so much interesting history there. Britain, France, Germany, etc. I love those places.
Old 09-19-2003, 02:07 AM   #10
GokuZool
Lord Ao

I won, I won!

Poll answer = Western Europe
GokuZool is offline   Reply With Quote