Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-30-2001, 06:25 AM   #21
kingpats
Elite Waterdeep Guard

where was the genie in a bottle? and where do you get azuredge- can anyone use it?
Old 10-30-2001, 06:38 AM   #22
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Dont download the patch if you have Tob or if your planning on getting it.
They are not compatible!
Old 10-30-2001, 07:44 AM   #23
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by kingpats:
where was the genie in a bottle? and where do you get azuredge- can anyone use it?
Item Spoilers,
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Genie Bottle

You get this from the Genie guarding the Genie tent in Tradesmeet, if you did not patch, you can pickpocket it, if you patched, you have to kill the Genie to get it.

Azuredge

Do the Slaver Quest in the Copper Coronet in the Slums District, and Bernard the bartender will sell this weapon among other stuff. Only good-aligned people can use it.
Old 10-30-2001, 07:45 AM   #24
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Dont download the patch if you have Tob or if your planning on getting it.
They are not compatible!
Heh, I dunno. I got ToB and never encountered any problems at all. In my opinion, the Fixpatch is a godsend.
Old 10-30-2001, 08:53 AM   #25
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Paladins, Firkragg, a Rogue Stone and Kangaxx

Contains spoilers on the above mentioned items and characters
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
One Dragon had been slain, but another would have to be taken care of in order to conclude unfinished business. I had rescued Garren's daughter who had 'betrothed' herself to me, and thanks to Garren's recommendation, I was accepted into the Order of the Most Radiant Heart.

Life as an ordained Paladin was brutal at first, I was sent posthaste to Umar Hills to deal with an invasion by monsters. When I reached there, I was mortified to discover that there were only three others. Thankfully, although the monsters outnumbered us, they were easily dispatched with a few Greater Whirlwinds. I love this skill! And by Torm's will, all four of us survived to live to serve another day.

After exchanging pleasantries with the Paladin in charge, I made my way back to the Order of the Most Radiant Heart and took a well deserved rest.

I would spend several days working for the Order of the Most Radiant Heart, and took part in protection, mediation and such. Then one fine day, I was given a most daunting task. I was asked to defeat Firkragg and recover a holy artifact, known as Carsomyr, the famed Holy Avenger.

I hesitated at first but I accepted the task in the end. My encounter with the Shadow Dragon had proved to me that Dragons were not invulnerable creatures, and besides, I had a grudge with Firkragg. I was taught to live and forgive, but I wondered whether I ever could, considering what Firkragg had done to me and to Garren and his daughter.

I trudged to Windspear Hills and breezed through the dungeon. It was not long before finally, I was at the entrance to Firkragg's chamber. I said a quick prayer to Torm and descended down the stairs... ...

Within the chamber now,
I made pre-battle preparations and casted several protection spells. I fingered Lilarcor and pondered. Eventually I came to a decision and chose to use the same setup as I had with the Shadow Dragon, Frostreaver and Saving Grace will be the tools for Firkragg's demise. Pumped with magical steroids, I strutted my way to Firkragg and talked with him.

Firkragg casted Stoneskin, but I whirlwinded with Frostreaver and the elemental damage from the icy-blue axe got through the Stoneskin. Firkragg was understandably upset and wing buffeted me away.

I got up eventually, with a groggy head from the impact of the wall( thank goodness for helmets), and charged like a mad man towards Firkragg. It seemed like forever, but in reality it was only half a minute. I just kept on whirlwinding like crazy and soon Firkragg croaked.

I huffed and puffed and roared triumphantly skywards. Gathering loot, I held Carsomyr and felt a surge of power run through me. Oh yes... Jonny boy is going to rue the day he kidnapped me and dumped me with all those psychos in his dungeon. Holding the sword some more, clarity emerged in my mind and I remembered Kangaxx, I had destroyed his Lich form with Azuredge, but I had no weapons to hurt his Demi-Lich form, forcing me to retreat from his chamber. I looked at Carsomyr and grinned, I was very confident that this weapon would get rid of Kangaxx once and for all.

I rushed to the Docks Districts as quickly as my Boots of Speed could carry me and went straight to Kangaxx's house. I casted a Protection from Undead scroll on myself and entered his chamber. Poor Kangaxx never knew what hit him, and to my pleasant surprise, he dropped a ring.

Ah yes, life was going well. I made my way back to the Order of the Most Radiant Heart, where my wish came true and I got to keep the sword. I had pleasant dreams that night.

- Leonardo

Things I have learnt from the Firkragg fight,

Firkragg did not cast Protection from Magical Weapons, his loss, my gain.
80% Fire Resistance makes his Dragon's Breath laughable, I got 80% from Helmet of Defence, Cavalier bonus and Ring of Fire Resistance.
And with low saving throws, his Dragon's Breath only dealt 17 damage to me... ...
Leonardo was level 26 by the way.

Quirky Rogue Stone I found in the Guarded Compound.

Talk about vague clues... ...

[ 04-22-2002, 04:06 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]

Land of the Psycho-moe
Old 10-30-2001, 09:03 AM   #26
Byronas

Dundee, you are a great Paladin. Why don't you join Keldorn's Order?

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.
Leader of Keldorn's Order

Old 10-30-2001, 09:06 AM   #27
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Byronas:
Dundee, you are a great Paladin. Why don't you join Keldorn's Order?
Heh, I will be honoured to, but I am currently a Platinium Sorcerer at ALSB. I am cautious over possible clan conflicts of interest.
Old 10-30-2001, 09:09 AM   #28
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

just making this a hot topic
Old 10-30-2001, 09:13 AM   #29
Byronas

Alright Dundee. You would have been a great member of Keldorn's Order but you want to be a member of ALSB.

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.
Leader of Keldorn's Order

Old 10-30-2001, 09:18 AM   #30
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

Just bumpin' this to make it a hot topic

------------------

Beware Satan (My chearleading companion)