Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 04:09 AM   #1
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

When I was rolling through some mediorce attributes for my ranger, I hit upon an 18/99 strength, I figured this was worth a closer look and much to my suprise I was able to keep the strength and have 18's in dex con and wis, with a 10 in int and a 9 in cha, but the ring of human influence is availabe pretty early in the game so I figured it wouldn't be much of a problem. This is the best roll I've ever had, but I've never played dungeons and dragons so I don't really know how good it is. Could someone tell me if it's as good as I think it is? Feel free to post your own amazing rolls as well.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:35 AM   #2
lost prophet
Drow Warrior

Blimey that is alright, 91 all together. Ive never had anything that good I dont think, though I only spend about 5 minutes max rolling.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:40 AM   #3
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

18/99 strength is a good roll. I rarely get that to be honest. Most of my percentile STR scores are in the high seventies at the most. I can't remember the last time I achieved an 18/80+ or 18/90+ score. Talk about unlucky.

That's a 91 point total I think. Not bad at all.

Edit: You just got there before me Lost Prophet!

[ 09-14-2005, 06:42 AM: Message edited by: Lord Brass ]
Old 09-14-2005, 06:50 AM   #4
Western Paladin
Dungeon Master

I've gotten a natural 18/00 strength before. But everything else was like around 8.

I agree with Lord Brass and Lost Prophet, 91 is a very respectable total. My highest ever totals were 98 (when I was trying to make my favorite fighter/mage character) and 101 (when I was trying to make my favorite evil, beautiful, and charismatic female bard character) but I didn't use them and went with slightly lower totals instead. It just felt too stupid.

"We saved the world. I say we party." -- Buffy
Western Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 07:07 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Rolling for the ideal( aka, no shortcuts) dualclassed Fighter->Druid is an absolute nightmare.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 08:08 AM   #6
Andraste
Manshoon

Personally, I'd need a phenomenal role before I ever bothered taking anyone's strength over 14. To the best of my knowledge there are no less than 5 items in the game that will give you 19 or above in strength. However there are precious few things that will give you any bonus at all in other stats and absolutely nothing that will give you 19 or above.

the way I do the sums is

1) fighter: initial strength 18.90 + Frost Giant belt = strength 21

or

2) fighter: initial strength 14 + Frost Giant belt = strength 21

where scenario 2 allows you to put 4 more points into the stats that you can't enhance with equipment.
Andraste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 08:35 AM   #7
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Rolling for the ideal( aka, no shortcuts) dualclassed Fighter->Druid is an absolute nightmare.
You'll get no argument from me there Dundee. It's a shame that choosing the class has such a major impact on the characteristics you (can) achieve but there you go. I still maintain you should roll the stats and then choose the class accordingly. It would make that paladin or druid much more memorable when you finally rolled them up.

I don't suppose you remember the old points conversion costs for transferring stats around do you? They were quite harsh as I recall.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:34 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
What do you call a "shortcut?"
Old 09-14-2005, 02:14 PM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
quote:
What do you call a "shortcut?" [/QUOTE]Not relying on equipment and spells.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 06:43 AM   #10
Tyrion
Quintesson

i dont care if i get a 18/03 or a 18/00 roll, because it doesnt matter much when you get the tome of strength in BG1...then strength is 19 anyways