Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2001, 08:47 AM   #1
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

Guys, on my second time going through BG2 I sussed out a way to get a load of cash without cheating.
I had my theif buy up all the master theivery potions he could find and had previously allocated him a lot of points to his Pick Pocket skill. I then had him go to the two weapons and armour merchants in Waukeens promenade and also the one on floor one above Gaelan Bael and basically steal all my party could carry (after knocking back 2 potions). I then took my party to the merchant in the theives guild and sold all I had stolen, 60K in one go ! (This guy buys stolen goods you see).
You can either repeat that or simply steal and resell from the theives guild merchant. (I didn't do this as I thought it wasn't realistic).

Viola !, lots of good equipment.
Old 01-04-2001, 11:06 AM   #2
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

Forgot to mention, I did test it and you can steal from the theives guild merchant and see back to him