Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2002, 06:58 PM   #1
Zanthia
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just killed the assassin for the Trang quest but now I can no longer get to Zant or lower martens Bluff as I can't get the elevator working. The dummy is still there. I tried to press the button to get rid of it thinking that may be the problem but it didn't work anymore. How do I get out of Upper Marten. I came in there initially via the catapult but that won't work as I had to drop down into the courtyard.
Zanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 07:15 PM   #2
Rhea
Drow Warrior

All you have to do to get out is walk past the dummy and into the next room - then go either left or right around the wallvand voila! You'll be at the real front door. Open it, walk across, the moat, follow the path down, and voila! An exit to the swamp.
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 07:19 PM   #3
ChopSuey
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey Zanthia,
The elevator is a bit touchy. I found on a number of occasions that I needed to walk to all corners of the "elevator square" before it worked.

Also, you will save yourself time and energy if you go ahead and open the gate so you don't have to keep walking up and over the catapult.

As far as I am aware, the dummy remains in the lowered position with no ill affect.
Old 02-26-2002, 08:22 PM   #4
Zanthia
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I tried going North which would be toward the moat and then the glass door shuts as I approach it. So I can't go out that way. And going the other direction, I couldn't find any way out.

Other than the elevator is there no way to get back to lower Marten. Getting to the swamp and then having to go all thorugh the mines seems like an awfully long round about way to return to Zant.

I will try walking along the corners of the elevator and let you know how that turns out.
Old 02-26-2002, 09:40 PM   #5
Nix
The Magister

Hi Zanthia, there is a switch in that opens/locks the elevator itself --- my suspicion is that you've pressed that switch and locked the elevator. I don't recall it's exact location, however, if you examine the elevator platform, there is a symbol beside it that's somewhat like a pair of arrows, IIRC. Look for the switch with the corresponding symbol. Not sure, but I think it's one of the switches on the room opposite from where you crush the assassin.
Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 09:56 PM   #6
Zanthia
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well after walking back and forth and all around the corners, the elevator finally started going down but naturally I wasn't on it. I did go down and entered lower Martens and take some damage but thats okay.

Nix, thanks for the info about the switches. I will look for it in case I need to go back up there.