Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-21-2005, 03:57 PM   #11
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Good luck on the new job, BK! I've moved on in the past, typically for more money or more opportunity. There is a feeling of loss for what you've spent the last part of your life on, but there's also an excitement for where you're going.

Just remember one thing... there are very, very few people in any company who are irreplacable. And many of those who think they can't be replaced... can. If there's *one* person that can't be replaced at a company, that's a lot. We're all valuable, and we add our own special part, but we're all replacable. So don't feel too bad about moving on to something newer and more exciting.
True - very true - but this is a small company - only 13 people in my office - and some reports are things that I do and if I'm not here, they don't get done. I've got a folder set up on the shared drive that has it all in it, but the people here aren't very computer literate...but that's not my prob, right?

Thanks, Bungleau.

BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 03:59 PM   #12
Black Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:
Good luck with the new job. I left a shop where I'd worn every hat in the place for 3 or 4 years. I told the guy that actually owned it that I'd found someone that was willing to pay me every week. He didn't want to see me go, but we still talk, and now that I've been ill, I still send business his way, even some of my own. It's never easy to say goodby, but when it's for professional advancement, it's always a good thing, and they will probably understand, especially if they can't offer you a similar wage/position.
This is similar. I hope I can send them some of the business (my wife works here) and I don't wish them ill...but I am happy that I will be getting it out. They are very slow, and I tend to get in trouble when I'm not doing anything (like posting on an internet site in the middle of the day....wait a minute....)

Later,

BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Old 12-21-2005, 04:00 PM   #13
Black Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Hey BK! You know, moving on may bring you all sorts of nostaligic feelings right now about the soon to be former job, but when you get right down to it, you're doing what's right for you and your family.

Besides, when you think about it, Henry, you didn't know many people well at the current job when you started. You may come to feel equally good about the people at your new place AND you have the mobility options you mentioned at the new place. Starting something new is a little stressful, to be sure, but all in all, I think you'll find it stimulating, challenging and rewarding...ultimately a good thing for your state of mind, bank account and family. Best of luck, dear friend!

Merry Christmas and Congrats on the job!

PS: My husband says pretty much the same thing about 'being grown up and responsible'.
thanks, amber. I appreciate it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

BK/HC
Old 12-21-2005, 04:06 PM   #14
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Knight:
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Degrader:
quote:
2004 I found out we were pregnant.
How is that even possible? I mean, wow, you must be a hermaprhodite or something. [/QUOTE]I found out my wife was pregnant - silly degrader.... [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Congradulations! Is it a boy or a girl! Keep us posted!
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 07:21 PM   #15
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Oh my, ROTFL @ Sir Degrader! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Hi BK! Glad you and you family are doing well, and congrats on the new job [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 03:37 AM   #16
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

...and the award for the most attentive replier to replies goes to...Black Knight. Congratulations, refreshments will be served at Johnny's house...if we can find it.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 04:43 PM   #17
Black Knight

Quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
2004 I found out we were pregnant.
How is that even possible? I mean, wow, you must be a hermaprhodite or something. [/QUOTE]I found out my wife was pregnant - silly degrader.... [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Congradulations! Is it a boy or a girl! Keep us posted! [/QUOTE]And the award for most quotes in a post...

It is a girl - four months old - we found out **LAST** Christmas.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

BK
Old 12-23-2005, 04:44 PM   #18
Black Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Oh my, ROTFL @ Sir Degrader! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Hi BK! Glad you and you family are doing well, and congrats on the new job [img]smile.gif[/img]
Thanks, Zeeke - and I got the Christmas card - much appreciated it.

Later,

BK