Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-03-2002, 03:58 PM   #1
Moni

My son, a really good kid who doesn't drink, smoke or use drugs turned 21 yesterday.

His friends' plans were to take him out to a bar and have him drink til he puked. We got a good laugh out of it because he can make himself vomit (without the finger down the throat).

His intention was to go with them, do a few shots, puke, and leave.
Yeah I know its gross but at the same time, remember, he is just coming of age for drinking to be legal and it was a big deal with his friends.
He got to the bar, did a few shots and went into the bathroom to throw them up so that he could spend more time with his friends and the people he works with who were also all invited to celebrate his big day with him.

He was the center of attention and having a lot of fun.

He did a few more shots, went into the bathroom to throw them up and came back out for more fun.

He did a few more shots, went into the bathroom to throw them up and came back out for more fun.

He called me about three hours later to tell me what a good time he was having and that he was getting totally sh*t-faced in the process.

Reminding him of the "rules" (Have fun, be careful) we laughed, talked a little, hung up the phones, and his night went on much as above until he threw up without making himself and was tossed out of the bar for being too intoxicated.

I knew what he was in for and gave him some time to sleep it off before I called him today to make sure he had made it home in one piece and had not killed himself of alcohol poisoning.

The boy is hurtin' lol and has no intentions of ever drinking again.
Our conversation ended with; "So do you want me to let you go so you can go back to bed?"
"Yes, thanks!"
click
[img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

I love my son. I can't wait to talk to him tomorrow.

Old 03-03-2002, 04:09 PM   #2
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Hehehe. As Long As Its Only On Birthdays Then I'm Sure He'll Be Fine
Old 03-03-2002, 04:35 PM   #3
Moni

LOl Oh I seriously doubt he'll ever drink again, birthday or not!
He didn't like to drink to begin with...now he knows why.

Old 03-03-2002, 05:18 PM   #4
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Well, you should always try everything twice.
Old 03-03-2002, 05:21 PM   #5
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

quote:
Originally posted by jabidas:
Well, you should always try everything twice.

Just In Case You Get It Wrong The First Time? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2002, 05:31 PM   #6
jabidas
Silver Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:

Just In Case You Get It Wrong The First Time? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Basically yeah, that and with added caution it will be more enjoyable a second time round. But then I give the worst advice, I still sort of remember when I first got puking drunk, well remember in a sort of blurred way. I wont tell the story, barely convinced the law last time it wasnt me, it was the one armed man. Just nobody ever mix whiskey, a book about the undead and beyond overexcitable girls ever again. Its not worth paying for the tombstones of the fallen.
Old 03-03-2002, 05:38 PM   #7
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Ummm... I Didn't Catch Much Of That

Just That You Remember Getiing Smashed..
Old 03-03-2002, 05:43 PM   #8
jabidas
Silver Dragon

I think thats best for your own safety.
Old 03-03-2002, 07:18 PM   #9
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Sounds like your son had quite a time! Thrown out of the bar? LOL That ummm never happened to me uh huh [img]tongue.gif[/img] Well happy 21 to your son Moni!
Old 03-03-2002, 08:18 PM   #10
Moni

quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Sounds like your son had quite a time! Thrown out of the bar? LOL That ummm never happened to me uh huh [img]tongue.gif[/img] Well happy 21 to your son Moni!

[img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

Thanks LoA!

Jabidas,
This is his umpteenth time at "trying" drinking...he gave it up in H.S. not long after he first started drinking (in moderation but to a buzz) with his friends...he just doesn't like the physical drain that he has the next day (it interferes with the energy he needs to jump cars with his skateboard lol). This last "drain" has been by far the worst and I hope (no I know LOL) is the last of any nights he spends getting schnookerd.