Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 02-06-2001, 06:56 PM   #1
TarlA42

Help!

All right, I'm in the pyramid, and I've found good ol' Gez's heart in a sacrificial tray, but I can't get it. I'm trying to get my warlock training for a valkyrie, and don't want to screw this one up.
And how come two of the elite classes aren't available until the game is all but solved?
Thanks
Old 02-06-2001, 07:10 PM   #2
Lord Roberts

To get the Lichs Heart you have to click on the tray and it will tell you that you've taken the lichs heart, Give the heart to the player you want to become the Valkyrie, when you find the black flame have the person to become the Valkyrie (female) put it in the fire then walk towards the lich. ( did you talk to the lich before you got the heart? ) you may need to talk to him first? Not sure, I talked to him first then found the heart and it worked fine for me, But you need to go back to the temple to become Valkyrie.
As to the two elite class, thats the way the game was made, sorry.

Hope this helps Rob
Old 02-06-2001, 07:19 PM   #3
TarlA42

No go-
When I click on the tray, it says 'something is needed'.
I went up 2 good sized stone elevators, and when I entered the room the guy with the good voice said you see a heart still beating, I don't really see it. Did I find a bug? I looked at all my guys inventories, just in case I did pick it up without seeing it, and no one has it.
Old 02-06-2001, 08:13 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Did the character trying to pick up the heart have room in their inventory?? I've read of problems if they were out of space.

As for why Zenmaster and Valkyrie are only obtainable to very (very) late in the game - bad design? Or maybe they thought everyone would want to play again, or that getting it was some sort of reward in and of itself. I favor the "bad design" theory.
Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2001, 08:42 PM   #5
TarlA42

No, all characters had plenty of room.
Do I have to do something before I go for the heart? Gez said something about 2 fiends, one was guarding Cet's tomb, and the other was guarding his heart. I didn't find a fiend guarding it. I got there by jumping over to the elevators, do I need to find the fiend first? I played around a little bit and found one named 'Sathos' I think. He gave up the champions key.
Help!!!
No heart.
Old 02-07-2001, 01:48 AM   #6
Lily the Ranger

The first time I entered the room, the same thing happened. I am not sure if it is very finicky about where you click or if I missed doing something. If you have stood on your head and clicked from every angle possible and still no luck you may have to try to re-entering the room, maybe even checking you dialogue with the Liche to see if he instructed you concerning his heart. I was able to get it the second time. Remember, don't attempt to fight Cet until you take your female character to a temple to be declared Valkyrie.
Old 02-07-2001, 04:32 AM   #7
TarlA42

I'm back...
And I figured it out. You do have to defeat the fiend first. I had originally bypassed him by jumping onto the elevator floor. I went back down, killed the sucker, and the heart was there.
I think it is about time for W&W part 2.
Old 02-07-2001, 08:24 AM   #8
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hmmm, Tarl my friend, I don't know what fixed your problem, but it shouldn't have been the killing of the other guardian. I found the lift and the heart in much the same manner as you, missing the guardians entirely. I had grabbed it, burnt it, Valkyried, Zenned, portaled and cured Kerah, found the door to Cet, and wandered many a passageway again and again before I found any wretched guardians. I searched high and low - even tried for hours to walk along the collapsing passageway room to what the map indicates as the start of a secret passage (is only the hinge on the collapsing floor). Finally in my wanderings I thought - what's up this way - I have been here before haven't I?? DOH, look what I missed in my rush to burn the heart - it's a couple of guardians, and look they have keys - ARRRGGGHHH!! Anyway, enjoy the Valk and the Zen dude while you can.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2001, 08:42 AM   #9
TarlA42

Ok, Davros... That may not have been it, but it does explain... It's something for the next time through to figure out...
We need to make a FAQ for advanced players. Not that I'm advanced yet. but I will soon be.
I have a couple questions for the forum then.
Talk to you soon.
Make sure the axles are greased, and keep the quiva's sharp.
Tal
Tarl
Old 02-07-2001, 05:07 PM   #10
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Tal my friend,

I understand that it is important to keep them so (axles and quiva's). It is the season for hunting tumits, and I must make myself a new bola.

You are not a bad fellow for a warrior.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote