Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2009, 05:24 AM   #1
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Default Simon Cowell supports Susan Boyle

I thought I would post this to show the better side of Simon Cowell.

[Quote} Susan Boyle, the 48-year-old church volunteer who rose to fame on Britain’s Got Talent, is the subject of controversy in Britain as people discuss how and why she ended up in a psychiatric hospital following the show’s finale. U.K. talk show host Sir Michael Parkinson wrote on his blog: “Susan Boyle’s reaction to not winning Britain’s Got Talent was predictable. To go from a quiet life as a church volunteer in a small town in Scotland to international fame would be tough for anyone to cope with. But to expect someone with her obvious personal problems to take it all in is ridiculous. For all the promises of fame and fortune one wonders if Susan Boyle is happier now than she was eight weeks ago?” Amanda Holden, one of the talent show’s judges, said on Larry King Live: “We are a very loyal show, we love Susan very much… She is getting the best support she could possibly be getting at the moment…I think she was just quite upset by all the exaggerated stories and falsehoods that were written about her.” As for Simon Cowell, he’s called her at the clinic to tell her “Whatever you decide, I will support you unconditionally.” Perez Hilton reports that not only is Cowell there to support Boyle emotionally, but he’s actually paying for her stay at the clinic out of his own pocket. Although Boyle’s brother says Susan is looking forward to starting her career, and has been invited to a July 4 celebration at the White House next month, Chris Thompson, chief medical officer of The Priory, told the Daily Mail that Susan may need to stay at the clinic for several weeks more. He says: “Any admission to a psychiatric hospital for a matter of days is, in my opinion, a failed admission because either it was unnecessary in the first place or the job hasn’t been done fully.” He added that anyone assessed under the Mental Health Act, as the singer has been, would be under “a degree of personal risk.” [/Quote]

..makes you wonder if it's really worth it..
Old 06-06-2009, 11:02 AM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: Simon Cowell supports Susan Boyle

Make no mistake, if she wasn't this famous he wouldn't be doing it. Simon wants to turn those 200 million youtube hits into 200 million albums. Once he has his talons on her it's over. But trust me, she will have an album released soon under his label.