Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-29-2004, 11:37 PM   #41
Sythe
Ra

Again I think this

she is pretty

very very pretty

pretty ugly [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2004, 01:25 AM   #42
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I agree with Aelia Jusa to a point, but I also hate to point out that as part of living the life of a celeb, you have to take the good with the bad, if someone does not like you, nothing you do will change that, I personally do no tlike her, mostly because her carrer is based on lies about what she has and has not done with her body, I think that things like that should have been kept private, and not talked about, what does her personal life have to do with how she sings? but that is just me, people should be alowed to live their life with out a camera in their face every 5 feet
Old 05-30-2004, 09:54 AM   #43
Epona
Zartan

Blimey, "Britney Spears is normal girl" shock headlines.

This is the problem when female celebs are judged on their looks and their bodies above all else - why the hell shouldn't she be able to leave her house without being plastered in make-up and being airbrushed and edited?

No-one looks good 100% of the time, and we are so used to seeing female celebs done up like a dog's dinner that we forget that underneath they tend to look pretty average.

I say up with pretty average-ness and down with this bizarre idea that in order to be famous and female you have to look like something off the cover of a fashion magazine.

(I would say that why the hell is a female singer judged on her looks at all when singing is supposed to be about vocal talent - but I think since we're talking about Britney this point may imo at least be redundant)
Old 05-30-2004, 11:00 AM   #44
Tyrion
Quintesson

shall i point out that she is coming out from a cannabis smoking cafe in the netherlands on those pics? She is probably high there too! Not that ist illegal there or anything, but maybe it makes you less attractive..well i dont know!

[ 05-30-2004, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: Tyrion ]
Old 05-30-2004, 12:58 PM   #45
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

and what does it matter, so she can look bad on some occasions (if it is the real britteny).
I think the reason there is this debate in the first place is that she is known to look good, and it is constantly expected of her, through revealing videoclips and pictures, sex sells, and when this lapses it is very noticible.
Anyway i doubt the "real" brittney would smoke even a cigaette in public, she is portrayed as a virgin (ha) etc and smoking is potentially damiging for her image.
Basically what i mean is her career is centered on looking good and innocent and it is expected of her.

Anyway as Vaskez said earlier i don't think that is her in the pictures
Old 05-30-2004, 04:30 PM   #46
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
I agree with Aelia Jusa to a point, but I also hate to point out that as part of living the life of a celeb, you have to take the good with the bad, if someone does not like you, nothing you do will change that
I agree that celebrities have to accept that people will criticise them, but that is not inevitable due to their celebrity-ness - there is nothing inherent to being a celebrity that makes them more deserving of criticism, or indeed immune to it. It is only inevitable because a lot of people are insensitive and thoughtless, and seem to feel that because someone is famous, they are not real and therefore normal rules of politeness and consideration for others don't apply. It seems so trite to me to think 'how would I feel', but I think a lot of people simply don't think that, or they surely wouldn't be so quick to pass judgment.

And good post, Epona [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2004, 04:59 PM   #47
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by magnetism:
looks to me like that girls is wearing makeup.. and also that she has bean sleepless and is totally discusted with the jerk that is snapping her picture.

And what evidence do you see of her smoking I think i missed it.

Observation by the looks of her nose she either has a cold/alergies, been crying or drinking.
She's smoking in the 5th picture. And Britney has been a confirmed smoker for at least a couple of years that I know of (and I'm too old to care for her music or follow her career). There was an incident a couple of years ago where she and some of her girlfriends went out for a night on the town. They were bar-hopping and decided to "light up" in one of the bars. Unfortunately, this particular bar had a No Smoking Policy. Britney pitched a classic Hollywood Diva/Drama Queen Act when mgt asked her and her girlfriends to go outside to smoke. She said she could smoke wherever she wanted cause she was big celebrity...but the mgt wasn't impressed, cause the bar happens to be a popular spot for MANY celebrities...so they weren't concerned about losing Britney's business.

I've also seen video of her on Entertainment Tonight that was shot at a hotel in Vegas, and it shows her smoking while lounging beside the pool.

Actually, that was the FIRST thing that caught my attention in this series of pictures...The sign on the convenience store door in the first photo.

As for whether this is actually Britney or not, it certainly resembles her enough to be plausible. It is standard procedure for celebrities to wear a baseball cap out in public when they don't want to be recognized. As for the comment that Britney wouldn't let herself be seen looking this bad in public, the answer is "Of course she would, IF she didn't want to be recognized". And it would be easy enough to slouch (which is a common method people use when trying to be inconspicuous). And make-up certainly CAN cover up acne that bad. The thing is - as was mentioned before - the extensive use of such makeup actually INCREASES the amount of acne the person has, so they have to wear even more to cover it up.

The members of the band KISS used to have horrible acne back in the 70's when they were so popular and touring so much. They had to wear their trademark makeup so much that they all had very bad acne from it. Once their career slowed down, and they didn't have as many appearances...the acne cleared up. They also went several years after that when they appeared WITHOUT their makeup.

Anyway, it could be Britney...or it could be a look-a-like. But most paparazzi photographers know their celebs well enough not to follow a look-a-like around...and the pictures in the link were obviously taken at more than one location.
Old 05-30-2004, 05:03 PM   #48
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyrion:
shall i point out that she is coming out from a cannabis smoking cafe in the netherlands on those pics? She is probably high there too! Not that ist illegal there or anything, but maybe it makes you less attractive..well i dont know!
Yeah. Well, whoever she is, the in-your-face paparazzi snap-shotters that took these photos seem to have been harshing her buzz. Those utter bastards!!!

[ 05-30-2004, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]
Old 05-30-2004, 05:39 PM   #49
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

Gnarf's comment on just about everything in this thread: Who cares, really?
Old 05-30-2004, 05:50 PM   #50
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Gnarf:
Who cares, really?