Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2004, 09:56 AM   #11
WillowIX
Apophis

Instead of editing your reply, why not make a second post saying you were wrong? Or perhaps that someone else has made a good point and that changes your pespective? Is it male pride or what? [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] *giggles* I usually leave my posts unedited and make a new one explaining errors etc. That works for me. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sorry wellard, but I'm against time limits on editing your posts simply because we have a huge thread in the W&W forum that several users need to edit. It would be unfair to have Wyv do all that work, especially since she doesn't have more time to do it than the rest of us.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:28 PM   #12
wellard
Dracolisk

Sad

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:

Sorry wellard, but I'm against time limits on editing your posts simply because we have a huge thread in the W&W forum that several users need to edit. It would be unfair to have Wyv do all that work, especially since she doesn't have more time to do it than the rest of us.
Never any need to apologise Willow9

I was asking for opinions and that is what i got.

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:

Why punish all of Ironworks over the action of one or two persons in Current Events? It's easy, you can see the edit time. The person can very well edit the post, but other people in the debate will know. Editing your opinion when you lose a debate just make you look silly.

Good points Luvian, why stop a usefull tool due too the actions of one person.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 03-02-2004, 12:08 AM   #13
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

I edited my posts a lot of times. Here are the reasons:

1. I noticed some typos and grammar mistakes after being posted.

2. I re-read my own post and felt that the words I used aren't very appropriate or some of them might offend someone. I usually edited those off before someone post a reply to it.

3. I added extra stuff onto my original posts.

I have never edited my post to change my arguments (from yes to no). But then, I seldom post in the CE forum anymore...

And if I have any extra points to add to this post, I might edit it later.