Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 01-24-2003, 11:16 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/07...1.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Looks to be yet another book I'll be reading! [img]smile.gif[/img]

it's the first in the Rogues series. As such, the main character is a rogue, and The Alabaster Staff is the relic that people are after. It changes hands... well, more than once.

It is set in Messemprar, the last major city in Unther yet unconquered, in the dead of winter.

[ 01-24-2003, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 12:38 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I like the fact that it's set in Unther...there are very few novels set in the eastern part of Faerun, in the Old Kingdoms. I think the only novel I've read set in the southeast (past Calimshan, Tethyr, etc) was The Shadow Stone by Richard Baker - it was set in Chessenta.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 03:57 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>Yeah, 'bout time we started exploring new terrain.
By the way...what's the release date on this?

wizards.com did not have it posted last time I checked.</font>
Old 02-04-2003, 08:54 PM   #4
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

looks like somone needs to make a trip to barnes and noble
Old 08-17-2003, 02:12 AM   #5
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

It's finally out here in Florida (Alabaster Staff), but I got 2 books before it. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm finishing up 'Crypt of the Shadowkeeper' --- an old book, but I finlly FOUND! And red magic. *pretty much found all the old harper series books*!!! and 2 for $1.00! and they were in MINT cond.!!! WOW!

Old 08-17-2003, 10:50 AM   #6
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

cant wait! how many of the forgotten realms books do u have Ziroc? I have quite a lot but have recently been reading the farseer books just started the second trilogy and its really good, I highly recommend it!
Old 08-17-2003, 09:44 PM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
cant wait! how many of the forgotten realms books do u have Ziroc? I have quite a lot but have recently been reading the farseer books just started the second trilogy and its really good, I highly recommend it!
<font color=skyblue>I'll tell you how many I have...All of them!
That is 139, which includes a few reprints in new artistic covers. I have made sure that not one book has been missed. </font>
Old 08-17-2003, 10:31 PM   #8
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
That is 139, which includes a few reprints in new artistic covers. I have made sure that not one book has been missed. </font>
</font>[/QUOTE]Whoa, guess it's time for me to raid the hobby shops
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 01:27 AM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
</font>[/QUOTE][img]smile.gif[/img] I am VERY close to you then. I have 121 FR Paperbacks, and 9 hardbacks/bigpaper backs.

I am buying the missing books on ebay. I usually have to buy like a 'group' of books to get just the one I need, so I have like 10 dupes total, so I guess I'm at your number INCLUDING dupes!

I just bought 'once around the realms' (which I hear is not hot) But I found an Original MINT Cond. 1st Print of 'Azure Bonds' which was a killer book, and that was also a Goldbox game! [img]smile.gif[/img] --Curse of the Azure Bonds--

Old 08-18-2003, 02:00 AM   #10
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
</font>[/QUOTE][img]smile.gif[/img] I am VERY close to you then. I have 121 FR Paperbacks, and 9 hardbacks/bigpaper backs.

I am buying the missing books on ebay. I usually have to buy like a 'group' of books to get just the one I need, so I have like 10 dupes total, so I guess I'm at your number INCLUDING dupes!

I just bought 'once around the realms' (which I hear is not hot) But I found an Original MINT Cond. 1st Print of 'Azure Bonds' which was a killer book, and that was also a Goldbox game! [img]smile.gif[/img] --Curse of the Azure Bonds--
</font>[/QUOTE]I own the 60 firsts I think. And a few Dragonlance ones.