Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 06:47 AM   #1
Envy
Dungeon Master

Hi everyone,
I'm walking on the paths of Fearun once more with my 5 person evil party and I wonder Edwin's max reaching level incluading ToB..
I have ease of use mod installed with exp cap remover

Thanks..

[ 11-01-2005, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: Envy ]
Old 11-01-2005, 02:05 PM   #2
ZFR
Legion Symbol

You wont reach the xp cap of 8 million with a 5 person party... (btw, not sure if you know it, but in ToB there is a 6th evil person you might consider joining you).

Assuming you do all quests, but dont use any cheesiness to increase xp I say you'll end up with 4.7 - 5.2 million.

-ZFR
Old 11-01-2005, 11:45 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

We all have our preferred ways of playing the game, ZFR, but not until your post did I learn just how different they are. I recently took a 5-person Multiplayer party through the game. With EXP caps removed, the Fighter/Mage/Thief of the party had just gained the ability to cast 9th level spells by the time we reached the final battle, meaning that a 5-player party can indeed accumulate at least 9 million EXP apiece by the end of the game. We did every quest, I believe, including about half of the Tactics components, but did not indulge in such things as All-Strongholds or erasing and rescribing scrolls.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:44 PM   #4
ZFR
Legion Symbol

hmmm.. that's really strange. I do all the quest with 6 player party and end up with over 4 million xp, thats why I figured with 5 person it would be 4.7-5.2. I play without any mods and dont use rescribing scrolls and such.

Could it be the mods (Tactics) add so much? Or maybe I just dont remeber properly. last time I played it was soloing so cant remember since I maxed out at the cap, and last time I played with 6 person party was over 2 years ago. Might be my faulty memory, though am almost sure I didnt accumulate enough XP to reach the cap with 5 person.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:23 PM   #5
Dirty Meg
Baaz Draconian

I've used a 5 member party before and easily reached the exp cap without any cheese. Short of not doing any subquests at all, I'd be suprised if you didn't.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:36 PM   #6
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Yes, the XP Cap can be reached easily by the final battle.

My 6 person party was just shy of reaching it; surely a 5 person party could.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 01:41 PM   #7
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Well... I found some of my old game saves and reloaded. My highest character was indeed 7000000+ which means with 5 person party you can probably reach cap easily. My mistake there. In fact I remeber my characters using HLAs in SoA and reaching almost 4000000 before final SoA battle.

I just got confused there. Sorry all.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:01 AM   #8
Zaleukos
The Magister

Quite a few dungeons have monsters (and thus XP awards) scaled for your level, so going for Imoen early and going for sidequests after that can boost your experience quite a bit. I remember facing lich groups all over a certain undead-heavy dungeon that way (sth that gets old quite quickly with all those stupid timestops).
Zaleukos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 05:15 AM   #9
Envy
Dungeon Master

Sorry for late reply friends,Thanks to all who replied and shared their thoughts...
Old 11-18-2005, 11:22 AM   #10
Neomi
Zhentarim Guard

Keep in mind also that a portion of the XP (often the quest-based ones) awarded over the course of SOA/TOB is a fixed amount to each member of the party rather than an amount that gets divided between party members (as for XP from killing monsters, scribing scrolls, etc). I don't know the actual percentage but this would be a mechanism for getting even the 5-6 member parties to a relatively high level.

I don't think you can easily extrapolate the amount of XP that can be obtained by a party of a certain number. The bottom line is that with an XP cap remover most parties that work through both SOA and TOB can become pretty darn powerful.