Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-08-2001, 02:37 PM   #21
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Thanks for all the support. I am slightly changing the format of the SAGA. I am no longer going to have self sufficient little stories, but rather, I am going to lean towards actual chapters. Mainly because the current story line (when I did it the first time) ended up being about 14 pages typed. No one wants to read something that long. So I am going to break it up into chapters. SO when you read Ch6, you might get a smaller chapter, but more of a hook to keep you guessing/involved. Let me know what you all think. Ch 6 should be ready for your reading consumption later today. It is a little darker feel to this chapter, but I want you to know that I will not dwell too much on the Darker side of the Saga. It was only there to set the stage for later chapters. But enough teasing.

Later

BK
Old 03-12-2001, 09:59 AM   #22
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Gray Mage:
CB: WordPerfect...Blech!! .....oops, sorry I hate it when that happens

I'm sorry, I guess I fear change, I've always use Office products and I'm to old to learn a new program.

Hey GM! I keep missing you of late. Sorry, I have work to do today, too...sigh. Just taking a few quick minutes on the board then off it til lunchtime.

Well, Mr. Gates sucked you into his moneymaking monoply, did he? LOL (teasing - honest!) Lots of people end up using MS Office products because the software is bundled on their machines. NO choices allowed. When I bought my Gateway over a year ago, they packed it with M$ software. I asked if they could NOT load some of it as I had better versions (computer came with MS Works, but I had purchased separately one of the premium versions of Office 97 and had Corel's WordPerfect Suite). The answer was NO, we cannot leave any of the software off and just give you the cd. And NO we cannot just NOT give it to you/load it at all. THAT really annoyed me. I couldn't get my pc without the software at all? Like, just don't give it to me, I don't care if it's included it my purchase price? SHEESH, Billy Gates had a plum deal going with Gateway and other manufacturers!

And fwiw, I think the interface for WP is far more user friendly. MS software is not intuitive, takes more work to figure out where you can find what it is you need. MS software designers are well trained in the art of obfuscation, in my not so humble opinion!

CB-

Old 03-12-2001, 10:01 AM   #23
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
Word Perfect and User friendly in one sentence Cloudy?

Has anyone here tried Sun's Star Office?

YES, Sir Tainly, in same sentence and practically ONE word! HAR!

CB- WordPerfect near-powerusuer
Old 03-12-2001, 10:04 AM   #24
Sir_Tainly

Hi Cloudy,

I think you miss the point with Micro$oft. Their stuff is intuative when you know the Microsoft style, e.g. functions and icons are the same across their range. In fact the common icons are even bundled with Visual C++ / Basic to encourage programmers to use that M$ look and feel that we all know and with which we are "comfortable".

As they say "it's better the devil you know..."

------------------