Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-31-2000, 01:06 PM   #1
Altean

I'm not sure if anybody mentioned it, but staff dropped by the Lich in Skull castle is able to kill Lord Cet too, not only Mavin sword. When I got to Black Fire brazier in pyramide I used Mavin sword to charge it and upgrade it, but I had staff paladin with Staff of Death from Lich and I used it on Black Fire too. It worked, I didn't get that black fire spell, but staff turned to Staff of Death (+), got great upgrade (+5 ench +5 hits, stone, sleep effects, and base damage 10-26) and what's important IT CAN HIT LORD CET. So basicly I was using my sword warrior to slash Mavin sword (Black Fire Spell had same damage anyway) and paladin to bash with Staff of Deth, rest of party were healing and buffing with spells. BTW only spell that worked on Cet was Negate Magic, but no idea if it did any significant difference. Also right after I killed him, I got teleported to town, so I cannot loot that nice looking chests in his room, I returned but doors are closed

Old 11-01-2000, 11:45 AM   #2
piquoy

I opened this chests while Cet was still alive, but found no important items, nothing new.
Piquoy

Old 11-12-2000, 04:59 PM   #3
dry martini

I just finished the game and noticed something about the chests when fighting cet. I fought cet before charging my weapons at the fire. I could not hurt cet nor leave the room. When i checked the chests they contained weapons and special plate mail armour that was better than all others i had seen...also there appeared to be pretty good chain leggings. I quit and figured after charging the weapons the same treasures would again be in the chests, but that was not the case...there was nothing significant in the chests once the weapons were charged.

Old 11-12-2000, 08:19 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Loot in chests seems to be rather random. Though I have not often restored my game and opened previously opened chests on the few occassions I did so I noted that what I found inside was different. I suppose you could save before opening what might be considered an important chest (would those be the ones that are rated more difficult to open even with my lev 10 lockpicking skill?) and try it over and over until you find really great goodies.

What's the best loot you've found??

Wyv
Old 11-15-2000, 08:25 PM   #5
dry martini

Wyv,
I went back to check these treasures again and it is random. I did not get the plate mail i had gotten before but i remember that it was better than the dragon plate mail. Some things i did find:

Zunari Kabuto
AC 2.80 fire & light protect 25% hit +2

Lance of the Lady....this was actually a big lance and different from other weapons i had seen
damage 6-30 death strike enchant +3 hit +2

Murakata Blade damage 6-30 death strike ench +2 hit+3

kimono of the dragon
ac 4.8 hit +2 and 10 protection spells of 35%

Helm of the Realm
ac 3.2 10 protection spells of 10%

also mace of mangling/ sword of hearts/ dragon's tongue(2 hand sword)

the armour and helms were good...weapons not to special but lance was cool