Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-04-2001, 05:38 AM   #21
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

lol dragon..wasnt there some bi'curious halfelves in Bg1????
Old 11-04-2001, 05:50 PM   #22
Nith
Dungeon Master

Chinesenoodle ur a perv.
Old 11-04-2001, 07:26 PM   #23
andrewas
Harper

Actually, there is no reason on earth why they coudnt have included one or two. i mean, i RL you run into them, sometimes one propositions you, you just say no. (or yes, if you want). odds are a homosexual has read this already anyway.

plus, isnt it illegal to discriminate by someones sexuality. it is in the UK anyway. therefore they cant ban it, cause that would be discrimination. of course lawyers know that there is always a counter-argument, but who cares.

oh and the left handed/right handed thing - i would take left handed cos it gives me less competition. the fractions are off tho, its really about 90/10.
Old 11-04-2001, 08:53 PM   #24
crimsonson
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I still do not understand why 'Mum' is the word in regards to homosexuality in Art & Entertainment.

People get their heads blown off and we rate it PG13- meaning its OK for someone not old enought to get a drivers license to watch somebody get their head blown off and hear a 'funny' one line after.

I think I'll be more offended where teenage sexuality (B Spears) are sold, bought and praised like if it was something relevant.

Maybe Interplay/Bioware did not want to rock the boat? Then again as Picasso said 'Good Taste is the enemy of art.'
Old 11-04-2001, 09:31 PM   #25
tehmpus
The Magister

First, I'd like to say that I'm a bit disappointed that my little dice are gone from the left hand side. This new forum is kinda lame. Secondly, Darth Bob... didn't realize you were gay, mate.
And lastly, it's a game peoples... chill.

So Sayeth the God of WAR!
Old 11-05-2001, 05:59 PM   #26
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:

oh and the left handed/right handed thing - i would take left handed cos it gives me less competition. the fractions are off tho, its really about 90/10.

actually, it's closer to 1 in 7 for men, and 1 in 35 for women
Old 11-05-2001, 09:49 PM   #27
Neth Mage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

well i am a card carrying homosexual, and i say it would have been amusing had Edwin come out with "the male slaves back home sure could suck a d@#$". i believe edwin doesnt have a romance script, i wonder why....little too sassy for my taste though
Old 11-05-2001, 10:02 PM   #28
Absynthe

Well, time for the other side to weigh in... One of the first things I did with the editor was to get a romance going between my female lead char and Jaheira. Why?, you may ask. Because it's a fantasy game, and that just happens to be one of my favorite fantasies... No big Freudian revelation there, just good old horndog sex drive.
I found the game a little more enjoyable that way. But all in all, it's just another element of gameplay, nothing critical, but fun to mess with. Like playing a different race or class.

Old 11-06-2001, 02:12 AM   #29
tehmpus
The Magister

I suppose my opinion of homosexuality is a bit selfish, and completely whimsical, but here goes.
Gay men should be encouraged, while there should be stiff government penalties for gay women. I'm talking jail terms, death sentences, slow torture, exhorbinant fines... whatever it takes.

And if you have to ask the reasoning behind this...

then you must be gay.