Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-24-2002, 08:22 PM   #41
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by dizzy:
Well, damn, don't that just suck?
this is about the best reaction I've ever read... [img]smile.gif[/img]

I still think it's not time to hit the panic button - **looks at sky with panic in his eyes**

BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Old 07-24-2002, 08:30 PM   #42
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Havent avyone thought of teleporting to the pocket plane, i have. Sheesh living with Cespenar for the rest of my life, thats going to be difficult. Anyways 17yrs are 17yrs, and we're smart, we'll think up of something(i hope).
Old 07-24-2002, 09:07 PM   #43
SecretMaster
Apophis

Crap. Its always my generation that gets f*cked and won't be able to live a decent life. Well, better go live the world now, I'm off to see what its like to see a handgun, join the army,uh,stay up partying. But seriously, this could very well happen.
Old 07-24-2002, 09:18 PM   #44
Mojo
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
live each day as your last and enjoy life.
I thought on this, so I'm gonna get a sex change. That way I really can "Sing, drink and be Mary"

...I'm sorry...
Old 07-24-2002, 09:19 PM   #45
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

hmmm... so we should open up the bomb shelters, stock up on water and C rations and duck? LOL
Old 07-24-2002, 09:24 PM   #46
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I think you guys seriously underestimate the power of a thousand nukes
Old 07-24-2002, 09:37 PM   #47
Nydlari
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
I think you guys seriously underestimate the power of a thousand nukes
And I seriously think you overestimate it. An h-bomb is great for devastating the surface of this planet because everything on it is loose, dirt ain't very solid. Against an asteroid, which is metal and rock, the force from the explosion is just going to get deflected into the void of space.

The other problem we'll have is that we can't even get out of earth's lower orbit any more. Ever since Reagan ruined our space program by pushing a project hacked together by a few radicle (and ignorant) scientists who wanted a shuttle to replace the saturn 5 we have been without the ability to get past a low earth orbit. We can't even get back to the moon, let alone an asteroid.

We better just keep our fingers crossed that it will miss, cause if it is heading our way, we is doomed.
Old 07-24-2002, 09:48 PM   #48
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Guess what. YOU'RE GOING TO DIE ANYWAY!

Seriously, if it's not asteroids it's terrorists, if it's not terrorists it's bowell cancer, if it's not bowell cancer it's...

An impact of this magnitude (if it ever even happens) may spell the end of our particular species, but life itself always bounces back. Tough as diamond nails is good old organic life. It morphs and reshapes to fit the most volatile of conditions. No worries mate, let the circle continue.
Old 07-24-2002, 09:54 PM   #49
SecretMaster
Apophis

Honestly, have any of you seen Armageddon? Everything they say is true. You can't blast an asteroid to pieces, no many how many nukes u have. Hopefully, bombs wil be stronger then, and we could change the trigectory of the Asteroid, but very unlikely.
Old 07-24-2002, 09:55 PM   #50
Sir Goulum
John Locke

65 Million years later.....WORMS rule the earth!