Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-24-2002, 11:11 AM   #71
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard_OHF:
quote:
Originally posted by K T Ong:
quote:
Originally posted by Rikard_OHF:
One Simple Question
Have you ever Seen Episode 1?
No. And I don't intend ever to watch any SW film, either.[/QUOTE]In that case I think ti's kinda lame of you to critisize it.
How can you judge something you do not know?
[/QUOTE]This is actually a good point that Rikard made, and it goes both ways. If KT Ong's never seen Star Wars, his insights on the film may be compared to someone who says that Ferraris are crap compared to Maseratis when the extent of his practical knowledge of them has been sitting in stationary ones at car shows, as well as having a DVD of "Gone in 60 Seconds". Why is everyone getting so stressed about his opinion, which he is entitled to express?

He's entitled to post his own opinion based on his own (limited) knowledge of the saga - it's up to everyone else as to whether or not they take that opinion seriously, based on the above stated credentials.

Unless of course he's purely arguing for the sake of arguing - but I'm sure he knows better than to do that.

Old 05-24-2002, 11:29 AM   #72
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yeah. And don't forget, he's lost a few bucks over what he perceives as a not-up-to-standard movie. I'm not sure if I wouldn't be ranting away if I felt that way, too [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well, I guess I wouldn't be too far off if I said that he will NOT be the first IW member to catch the next episode when it comes [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

[ 05-24-2002, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]
Old 05-24-2002, 11:33 AM   #73
Lord Shield

Use the moo, Luke

Old 05-24-2002, 12:16 PM   #74
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

Erm, anyway here's my opinion on the movie which I saw last week.

While not exactly a masterpiece, AotC was worth my $7+ and was infinately better than The Phantom Menace by comparison, unfortunately dialogue ain't Lucas' strong suit. The cornball love dialogue between Anakin and Padme is so bad it could have been taken from one of the BG2 romances, or or a cheap romance novel. The chemistry between Christenson and Portman isn't that terrific either, the romance generates no heat whatsoever. Characterisation is distressingly thin, Christenson played your average sulky American teen chafing against the authority of his father-figure Obi Wan. By comparison Portman was believable as Padme, but its hard to believe an intelligent Senator like her sees anything in Skywalker (I'm not jealous, no really).
But the good stuff far outweighs the bad, the last 45 minutes is definately the best part of the movie. Lucas finally got the hint that lightsaber fights should be uninterrupted and should last more than a minute. The whole battle on Geonosis was great. Not to mention the Yoda vs Dooku/Tyranus fight. I'll never view Yoda in the same way again. Also, the Jango fett vs Obi Wan fight and the political machinations of Palpatine are good as well. Political intrigue plus Jedi Action is a no-fail combination.

Oh, and Jar Jar got less than 5 minutes screen time phew! Sometimes its these little things that count.