Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-27-2002, 11:13 AM   #21
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

No worries, the old guard and the webmaster know what 'spam' is and isn't... And your SpamQueen surely knew what good chatspam was ... maybe the blueboard will be reincarnated soon and we can relive the glory days.

Larry, dear, you're being cryptic today!

Neb...sigh.. you just don't get it. I'm not bored when I post. I interact, enjoy the discussions or the silly things and have a good time being part of the community. No need to post anything that comes to mind JUST to get another post into the counter... not worth my time or effort. Besides, the web is a huge place. Somewhere at any given moment is someone who posts more or less than any one of us and does it really matter to anyone if they do? Life will not end if someone beats a post count today (ask Memnoch or BK or Tiamat [img]smile.gif[/img] ) or forgets to post a reply to something. Still, if it makes your day to do so, by all means make yourself the king of remarks nobody remembers. *shakes head* One day, you'll find something more important in your life and I think it will be a welcome surprise.

And pssst.. There really aren't any toasters or even any rewards for posting more NUMBERS of posts. The reward is in the friendships you make when you really communicate. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cloudy

PS, in the old days when we joked about post counts and spam... that's just what it was real kidding around. It's one of the things we did alot that made us a close knit group and one reason we get so nostalgic about the 'blue board' --good-natured joking around and not taking the little things too seriously made a great atmosphere!

[ 03-27-2002, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 03-27-2002, 11:27 AM   #22
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! No toasters! *sob* You mean I've made all these posts for nothing? Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I don't think I've ever actually posted just to get more posts, except for a few times when I've been close to reaching the next avatar.

I post because it's fun to post on IW [img]smile.gif[/img] The people that I've met here are actually for the most part friendlier than the people I've encountered in RL [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2002, 11:39 AM   #23
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Nope, not toasters, in fact nothing at all! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

IW IS a great place to be.

Cloudy
Old 03-27-2002, 08:00 PM   #24
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

And pssst.. There really aren't any toasters or even any rewards for posting more NUMBERS of posts. The reward is in the friendships you make when you really communicate. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cloudy

WHAT!!!!!!! I was lied to.... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Actually, cloudy is right. Yorick is one of my favorite people here who only posts a couple of post at a time, but they are usually thought provoking/hilarious or both. It's not the length or number of posts, it's what you do with 'em that counts.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-27-2002, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: Black Knight ]
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Old 03-27-2002, 08:03 PM   #25
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Knight:
quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

Cloudy

WHAT!!!!!!! I was lied too.... [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Aww..but they only did it to keep you here!
Old 03-27-2002, 08:17 PM   #26
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Heh Heh!
I'm aiming for the longest active member with the least posts!
'Anti False Status'!
But I must stop before I accumulate more posts!

[ 03-27-2002, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: Leonis ]
Old 03-27-2002, 08:22 PM   #27
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

To sum up, I only post when I think that I have something insightful or amusing to say, or if I have information to impart. Or, if it will annoy Larry_OHF. j/k Larry.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 03-27-2002, 09:18 PM   #28
turbovee
Elminster

I saw this post and I nearly fell out of my chair. Our Cloudy has been the post leader ever since the current board has been up (since Feb '01) We've definitely seen our fair share of spammers and junior leaguers try to catch her, but none of them have the dedication, devotion, or the stamina to keep up with her. One other thing I will say is that our Cloudy has always had something worthwhile to post and is not and never has been rank conscious.

Except for that one time when Z first put the ranks up, everyone was jockeying for rank. We had our players and our haters, but we had fun doing it.

As you see I'm still under the 500 mark and I was here when this board came to being. I'm obviously not a prolific poster, but I love this board and the people on it. I also have been absent for about 7 months so I'm sure I could have reached 600 by now.

Love ya' cloudy keep up the hard work.
Old 03-27-2002, 09:21 PM   #29
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Ach.

I gave up on post numbers afer a certain Furry Hipped induvidual, who will remain nameless, overtook me in about 1/10th of the time. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Oh yeah...spam is bad etc, (except if it's GREEN, right Nessy? )
Old 03-27-2002, 09:24 PM   #30
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by turbovee:
I saw this post and I nearly fell out of my chair. Our Cloudy has been the post leader ever since the current board has been up (since Feb '01) We've definitely seen our fair share of spammers and junior leaguers try to catch her, but none of them have the dedication, devotion, or the stamina to keep up with her. One other thing I will say is that our Cloudy has always had something worthwhile to post and is not and never has been rank conscious.

Except for that one time when Z first put the ranks up, everyone was jockeying for rank. We had our players and our haters, but we had fun doing it.
True - I had to take four months away because my figure seized up and I couldn't type any more - and then I saw this big yellow thing in the sky - it made spots appear - I think it's magical...

BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>