Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2001, 07:45 PM   #21
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Wow, all these storys are cool!!

One day, I was at my cousens house (yeah, the same cousen) There was rumors that the back of his garage was haunted. Well, after the insodent with the trampoline, of course we had to go check it out.

We looked around a second, and didnt see anything we both looked at the right wall of the garage and nothing, then we looked at the left, nothing..

But then, as we looked to the right again there,was what looked like a painted outline of a shovel handel.

We ran like hell outta there. Later that night, we went back, the painting was still there. We decided to leave somthing there, we left a small plastic ring on a box near the painting, we check back about a half hour later, and the ring wasnt there.

I still have some more if you still care to hear them

Hehehehe, Fear of the Dark by Iron Maiden just came on the raido....

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

Grand-Jester and Spam Monitor of Laughing Hyenas
Messenger of the Emerald Dragon

May a pregnant yak chew on your ear for all eternity.
A guitar solo is to a guitarsist is what a palette is too a painter.
"...But I look at my self as a fragile, inteligent,human being. But there is a clown inside that comes and messes it up everytime" -Jim Morrison

GO DEVILS!!!!
Old 10-16-2001, 07:46 AM   #22
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

I am not so sure I would appreciate the stitches in my head though Neb. It does seem kinda cool that they could talk to their Ghost and it would respond. Or perhaps the extra effort it expended to do all of that drained it's power.

Grand Ranger I would have to say that fits into the freaky goings on we want to hear about.

I for one really enjoy

Halloween

and I look forward to hearing more stories.

------------------

The line between good and evil is razor sharp. Be careful of misteps,
lest you find yourself spitted upon your own blade.
Old 10-16-2001, 05:27 PM   #23
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Has anyone here ever heard of the Whaley House in San Diego's Old Town?
Old 10-16-2001, 05:35 PM   #24
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Not me...do tell!.....
Old 10-16-2001, 06:14 PM   #25
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Wulfere:
Has anyone here ever heard of the Whaley House in San Diego's Old Town?
Tell us! We wish to know!

(And tell us how to get rid of the flood-control too if you don't mind.)
Old 10-16-2001, 06:34 PM   #26
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

The Whaley House is the oldest brick structure in southern California, located in San Diego's Old Towne. It was built by Thomas Whaley in 1856-1857.

As a matter of fact, the Department of Commerce has designated it an official
haunted site. Only twenty-nine other places in the United States have received this designation. Hey, if the government claims
it's haunted, it must be so, right?

My friend Johns father had a small museum next door to the Whaley house. We would go visit him from time to time and while there we would walk in the rose garden of the Whaley House. I never did take one of the tours they offered, we preferred to skulk about the garden and peek into windows. Of course we wanted to see a ghost. But we never did.

One evening near sunset we were walking around the garden. John asked me if I thought we were being watched. I did feel that way and had been about to ask him the same question. Then both of us smelled cigar smoke. It was very strong and we both knew what it was. Though we didn't know what caused it. We ran off thinking someone had seen us back there and we would get into trouble. Later we told his dad about it and he informed us that the smell of cigar smoke meant Mr. Whaley was around. You can imagion the goose bumps we had.

If you want to know more here are a few links...

Haunted Places
http://www.fortunecity.com/roswell/s...43/whaley.html
Ghostweb
http://www.ghostweb.com/whaley3.html

Have fun.

------------------

Old 10-16-2001, 07:04 PM   #27
Moni

My mother bought a house when I was 11 years old and had my oldest half brother and his family live there, renting from her to pay off her mortgage until she could afford to leave our dad and take us with her a year later.
Anyway, my older half-brother is a Satanist and he and his friends constantly held seances and Satanic rituals in the house.
When we moved in, many strange things happened there, like once my sister woke up with something shaking her bed and she looked down at the foot of it to see "a purple glowing glob, with a face melted into it". She says that she prayed and when she did, "hands drew up out of the glob to cover its eyes as it fell off the bed and slid underneath it."
Certain doors in the house refused to stay shut, even with latches on them and they would open themselves as soon as you left the room.
My mom said once that she saw a swarm of bees fly through the house at night and go upstairs. Well, anyone who knows anything about bees, knows that bees don't fly at night! However, when we set off bug bombs to get rid of spiders not long after that, when we went upstairs to wipe things down, everything was covered in dead bees!
I never felt alone upstairs. Especially when in the stairwell, I could always feel someone standing at the top looking down at me. My sister and mother both said that they woke up a couple of times with a black image of a small woman pressing her hands down on their chests, making it hard for them to breathe. I never saw her but that was the impression I got of whoever it was I felt watching me whenever I was upstairs.
We had vents in the upstairs rooms that opened up to the first floor rooms and while watching TV one night, we heard my brother's drum set upstairs playing itself...we knew no one was up there and when we went to look, that was confirmed (the room was empty of anyone but those of us that went up) but the drum noises had stopped.
When my mother moved out, the house caught itself on fire directly underneath the kitchen table. The kitchen table is where my older half brother held his most important seances, he said, opening gateways to the underworld throughout the house.
From under the kitchen (in a dug out, unfinished half-basement)it was determined by fire officials that there was nothing to cause the fire there, nor did it start there...the floor under the table had just apparently spontaneously combusted.
A few people have lived there since but they all moved out eventually, saying that the place was just too scary to live in. Except for the latest resident.
He is a Viet-Nam Veteran and apparently is not afraid of much, the devil himself included. LOL

------------------

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 10-16-2001).]

Old 10-16-2001, 07:13 PM   #28
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Geezo Moni !!
Where was this? Amityville? cripes sakes...
I am even getting chills here...

------------------

Old 10-16-2001, 07:16 PM   #29
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

Well the only scary thing thats ever happened to me was when I was like 6 or 7. Some weird stuff on been going on at home all day and I thought that was odd. Since I don't believe in ghost or anything and it was the first time anything weird had ever happened. It got late and we went to bed, some time in the middle of the night I woke up. I looked over at the door to my room and saw some black looking thing. The outline of it was shaped just like my dad and it had weird red eyes. Pulling the covers over my head I keep telling myself that I was dreaming. Peeking a look out from under my covers I looked back at the door...and the thing was still there stareing at me. I don't remember what happened next and all of the sudden it was the next moring. Eating breakfest I turned to my mom and younger sister and told them what I had saw and that I was probably just haveing a bad dream. To my suprise both of them and said they saw the same thing. Could have been lieing to me but till this day they swear they saw whatever it was that night. Also it couldn't have been my dad pulling a prank because my parents are divorced. Its kind of corny but it was really scary at the time.

------------------

" If you are guided by the stars, you will only be able to travel by night. If you are guided by a map, you will be dependant on a piece of paper that is easily lost. If you are guided by your soul, you will always choose the right path."

[This message has been edited by Deiter Leafblade (edited 10-16-2001).]
Old 10-16-2001, 07:18 PM   #30
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I think my house might be haunted, though strangely enough, mostly during the day, with footsteps sounding everywhere, an unusual amount of creaking, it's even hit our computers, with directories being open when we come home that weren't open when we left and such things, it's actually getting a bit scary.

------------------
Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.
Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy
General of the highest class and Leader of in the IW Peacekeeping Force.
ORT member, Official Demander of Stuff.
Sorcerer of Lady Lioness's Court.

Resident IW saint.
2nd place in the longest sig of IW contest 2001.
The sorcerer/assasin who says: Ecky-Ecky-Ecky-Ptang-Zoom-Boing.
Guardian of a Secret that noone else knows of.

"If Silence is golden, why does everyone talk so much?"