Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-14-2001, 06:24 AM   #11
Melusine
Dracolisk

Um...correct me if I'm wrong, but being a cleric/mage, I think Aerie can only use bucklers, right? Certainly not a fortress shield.

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-14-2001, 06:48 AM   #12
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

It's actually only limited by her (usually feeble) strength. Obviously crom faeyr sorts that problem out. I must have started half a dozen games with Aerie in and only realised two days ago that she could carry a shield (or wear a helmet) - doh!
Old 06-14-2001, 07:47 AM   #13
Lord Shield

If you think Aerie is a whiner, look at my new party:
Me (Dwarf Fighter/Thief from BG1/TSOTSC/DSOTSC with PANTALOONS)
Minsc AND BOO (will get Lilacor too)
Anomen
Nalia
They are the WHINGERS!!!

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 06-14-2001, 08:14 AM   #14
Billikins the Bold
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by antonius:
It's actually only limited by her (usually feeble) strength. Obviously crom faeyr sorts that problem out. I must have started half a dozen games with Aerie in and only realised two days ago that she could carry a shield (or wear a helmet) - doh!

Aerie can use a shield !?!?!

Ooooh....
*thinks* I must have been dumb not to equip her with one before

------------------
Fear? I know not the meaning of the word. And you can keep that dictionary away from me!
Old 06-14-2001, 03:28 PM   #15
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Call me over-protective, but I never let Aerie tank.

Instead, I pamper her and let her stay back while others take the brunt of the attacks. She's very good in that she can cast from the best of both worlds.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

Old 06-14-2001, 03:35 PM   #16
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I usually give Aerie the Shield Of Reflection, protects her from missile and spell attacks while she stays back with her sling and spells.
Old 06-14-2001, 03:47 PM   #17
etherus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Alright! Finally another Aerie lover. I think she is one of the coolest and if not one of the most powerful characters in the game. And she can use the fortress shield. Mixed in with the belt of hill giant strength, fit her in with some cool armor. Combined with massive array of spells she can cast. You've got one hot loving, fireball casting, sun bullet slinging woman. Plus she is awesome to keep around, other than Veconia (The drow woman). Go Aerie!

------------------
The Krazy Communist Ivan
Old 06-14-2001, 09:16 PM   #18
Shangoman
Dungeon Master

Ya Neb, now ur talking. That's my setup with Aerie too. Plus a +3 staff, it's kind of cheesy pausing and switching weapons in the inventory screen but they allow it so hey. While I'm on the changing weapons topic, can some tell me why if you are wielding 2 swords, you can't use a bow. Hell a sword is not like a shield. I meet hell one would think it has a sheath/scaboard. That totally sucks but then I pause and switch, ooh well
Old 06-15-2001, 01:49 AM   #19
Ravana
Dungeon Master

It never rains, but hell does it pour....
Old 06-15-2001, 03:18 AM   #20
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by etherus:
Alright! Finally another Aerie lover. I think she is one of the coolest and if not one of the most powerful characters in the game. And she can use the fortress shield. Mixed in with the belt of hill giant strength, fit her in with some cool armor. Combined with massive array of spells she can cast. You've got one hot loving, fireball casting, sun bullet slinging woman. Plus she is awesome to keep around, other than Veconia (The drow woman). Go Aerie!

I think you cant dual weild and carry a bow at the same time because it would be rather difficult to grab a bow and noch an arrow witha sword in each hand. same thing with a shield. But then again, they do let you use a bow when you have a 2 handed sword equiped...... go figure. Wouldnt both hands be in use??

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!