Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-04-2001, 12:32 PM   #11
Hesperex

"if an instance death spell (finger of death, disngtegret, death spell, with exception of flesh to stone) is casted direct towards the wielder of the sword, the sword will release its soul energy and burst into a devastating explosion. It does 8d8 magic dmg to everyone within 60 ft area, with no save (but it is possible to resis). and everyone getting hit must make a save vs death at -4 or be slain. (including the wielder)"

I dont't think this part is possible.

"a critical hit from this sword will result a feeble mind spell on the target, and the target must make a save vs spell or become a gibering idiot."

Im not sure if It's possible to define between criticle and normal hits. But I haven't tried to make an item this complex before. I will have ago though. I will try the Twisted Equilizer first it looks a little easier.

------------------

Old 03-04-2001, 12:35 PM   #12
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Hesperex:
"if an instance death spell (finger of death, disngtegret, death spell, with exception of flesh to stone) is casted direct towards the wielder of the sword, the sword will release its soul energy and burst into a devastating explosion. It does 8d8 magic dmg to everyone within 60 ft area, with no save (but it is possible to resis). and everyone getting hit must make a save vs death at -4 or be slain. (including the wielder)"

"a critical hit from this sword will result a feeble mind spell on the target, and the target must make a save vs spell or become a gibering idiot."

Im not sure if It's possible to define between criticle and normal hits. But I haven't tried to make an item this complex before. I will have ago though. I will try the Twisted Equilizer first it looks a little easier.

sure, wish you success. good luck i will be around this board. so i will wait for your news
Old 03-05-2001, 07:12 AM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Hesperex:

Heh, I arrived at the same conclusion Hesp. I've made some pretty complex PKs in my time but these ones take the cake!

Your creativity is appreciated, 250, just a bit hard to put together in practice. All those points Hesp raised eg instant kill backlash and critical hit backlash can't be done. You have to be either hit or not hit (a la Keldorn's Hallowed Redeemer).

Energy drain and add HP to wielder, yes it can be done.

How do you define something with a soul? We'd probably have to be more specific.

The resurrect point is irrelevant because opponents in BG2 are NEVER resurrected anyway.

The is NFW you can make the second one. Too many time-specific variables which would be impossible to implement. It's practically an artifact. Nice try though!

(Hesp if you can put the Necklace together I will fly from Sydney to Worchestershire naked

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-05-2001, 10:51 AM   #14
Dimension X
Dungeon Master

If I haven't forget there's some funny sword with the item code KILLSW01

It's practically the best weapon in the game...
Let's see....
Gives 100 Magic resist
-10 AC bonus
One hit kill (like 1500 damage dealt...How do you escape that)

Go look for it in ShadowKeeper if you're interested.

------------------
A Drawn Sword;
A Trickle Of Blood;
The Tempest Is Brewing.
Nemesis....
Old 03-05-2001, 10:53 AM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Dimension X:
If I haven't forget there's some funny sword with the item code KILLSW01

It's practically the best weapon in the game...
Let's see....
Gives 100 Magic resist
-10 AC bonus
One hit kill (like 1500 damage dealt...How do you escape that)

Go look for it in ShadowKeeper if you're interested.

Practically? They should've called that sword the Fingernail of Ao

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-05-2001, 11:40 AM   #16
Hesperex

...thats a long flight Memnoch..lol

------------------