Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-22-2000, 02:08 PM   #1
lombardi

So far (Chap 3) the best toy I've been able to pickpocket was the ring of regeneration(1 HP every 6 seconds real time). Anybody know of anything better out there??? Also does anyone know how to make Hold spells affect more than 1 enemy. Also does Quayle only give astral plane quest if Aerie is in the party. Lastly when I was in Umar Hills I got a note that Mazzy was the adventurer hired before me but I never met her. Did I miss something by having 6 party members(I usually run 5).
Thanx
P.S. For those that think Druids suck try running a Fire Elemental into some undead, ANY undead. Get a beer sit back and watch Weapon Ineffective 70 or 80 times by the bad guys as the Elemental chews them up. Druids get them for 1 turn/level not 1 round/level like MU's.

Old 11-22-2000, 02:28 PM   #2
Shaene

Well ... about pickpocketing I can`t help even though I play a thief *smiles*

Quayle won`t give the quest if Aerie isn`t in the party, but if you simply go find the theater you will get the quest anyways! Just listen and talk afterwards *G*

Mazzy isn`t in Umar Hills she is held captive in the Fallen Temple, you should be able to get there with information provided from a scroll in the Rangers Hut in Umar Hills

And Yep the Fire Elemental from the Druids are great, especally when you get one with Lots (25?) Hit Dice ... major carnage *G* and fun to watch

Old 11-22-2000, 02:35 PM   #3
GideonRaine

I havent bothered to put any skill points on my pick pocket yet, everything else is pretty high, i dont bother to pick pocket due to bad experiences in BG1 where id try to pickpocket someone with like an 80% chance and still fail!!! then theyd go hostile and i had to kill em
heh heh

so what kinds of stuff can you get from pick pocketing?? and where???

Old 11-22-2000, 02:56 PM   #4
lombardi

**SPOILER** The ring of regeneration came from the clerk at the adventure's shop. Always save before pickpocketing. Mostly I get gold/potins/gems/scrolls/minor wands(fear,MM,frost) when I pickpocket. It does add up though. Also for those playing an evil party and need to keep that Reputation in check. Getting caught pickpocketing from a small store you'll never go back into again is a nifty 2 point(always) drop. Killing people is so messy and the loss of rep. points varies depending on the victim.