Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 07:03 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Here is a fresh thread to do all discussion about the game that is called Lord of the Forums / One-Eyed Wolf, Shadow of Love

This is what I have so far with regards to who has contacted me on their desire to play.

I do not want to give everything away. Some people have specifics about their characters that should remain secret until the game is played.

Right? !!

So...with that said, please PM me your thoughts, and just be general here until the game gets underway.

Larry: DM, Larry Silverfall, and The Shadow Mage.

Mistral: Currently as Rhianneth Freelight.

Tao: Returning as herself.

Arcades: Returning as himself.

Skye: Newcomer, playing as ________________

dplax: Newcomer, playing as _______________

Legolas: Returning, but playing a new char.___________

Ross: Newcomer, playing as _______________________

RevRuby: Return pending, based on timeline of story.

Morgeruat: Returning, but unkown specifics on character(s).

[ 03-24-2004, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 03-24-2004, 08:10 PM   #2
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

i plan on playing, ruby's return is pending. if not enough time is given then i will just have a new character.
Old 03-24-2004, 09:52 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

If you have not already done so, go ahead and PM me your choice of characters that you might like to play in this adventure.

I would like it more if you would send me at least two optional characters that you will be choosing from.

The people that will be returning with characters that I am already familiar with need not apply.

Remember one important thing about character generation. I have to know what the heck it is and what it does, so I can know how to kill it! Hehe...DM's perogative.

Also...if you have a short bio...let me see it. I might surprise you by giving your subplot to you in the game!!!! Note: I may not be able to do that for everyone. It depends on the depth of each entry. If they are all easily manageable by this little overworked, overschooled lazy bum of a DM...then so be it.
Old 03-25-2004, 01:00 AM   #4
TAOWolf
White Dragon

well, as you said, I need not go into detail with my character.. we have enough history for 20 characters.. LOL..

that being said.. keep myself and Arcades informed with when to start...
Old 03-25-2004, 08:59 AM   #5
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

I need a general power level before I make my char, I don't want to be vastly over, or under powered, in general you can check the blade kit for bard from BG2 for character/class specifics, I'll look over the differences between the PnP version, and the BG2 version and appraise you on any changes to be made.

btw are we assuming an 85 point build?

Edit:::Oops! I hit Edit instead of Quote...

[ 03-25-2004, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 03-25-2004, 10:11 AM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Legal Disclaimer

Let me go into safe-mode and say that I am not claiming any power over the One-Eyed Wolf campaign.

I am soley responsible for how Lord of the Forums games run...and Cyril's and Tao's contribution to the LoF by donating their intermingling of the story from the Tavern by the Creek was their own plan and was successful on it's own terms.

So is OEW.

The OEW is it's own game and is in the hands of Killing Spree to manage and conduct.

Having said that, my intentions of this game are as follows.
Since Larry Silverfall has returned to the big screen, and he seeks to solve the mysteries in his heart over the death of his beloved Mistral Freelight; her sister Rhianneth is at his side.

Spree saved these two and they are taking up refuge at the OEW tavern. Therefore, you see my link of LoF to OEW.

That is its limit, by the way. I will not be exploring any other aspect of the OEW storyline in this game.

The game that I am about to start will bring elements of the One-Eyed Wolf and the Lord of the Forums together to tell a new story.

Elements of the Tavern by the Creek were voluntarily added to Lord of the Forums over two years ago, so please recognize this as well.

To spell out the idea, these are the references that I will be making in regards to each game.

LoF = Anything dealing with the Mad Modding Mage of Ironworks and his enemies. This includes anyone that was travelling with Brendon at the time.

OEW = Larry Silverfall, his dead wife, and the OEW tavern. (Homebase)

TbyC = Limited to references specific to LoF only.

================================================== =============================

To make my point more clear, This is not a game that involves any aspect of OEW except for the marriage between Larry and Mistral, and references to the tavern being used as a safe-haven to rest and eat and plan.

This game is linked to the LoF only in that the Mage is the main bad guy here, and Larry Silverfall used to be him. Now the two entities are seperated, which is really cool to RP.

To better serve everyone's interest and to not confuse this game with another...I will drop the OEW tag on the title and only keep the LoF tag, as that is the only tag that I have control of. I do not own the right to start a game that is called OEW. But I do control my character in that game, so that is why I am pulling him from the OEW to use in the LoF, and the points of Mistral that relate to Larry will come with me. This is not a purging or extraction...it is a borrowing, as Larry and Mistral belong with OEW. With Mistral's permission, I shall pull her with me.

Is this better understood now?

[ 03-25-2004, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 03-25-2004, 12:52 PM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:
I need a general power level before I make my char, I don't want to be vastly over, or under powered, in general you can check the blade kit for bard from BG2 for character/class specifics, I'll look over the differences between the PnP version, and the BG2 version and appraise you on any changes to be made.

btw are we assuming an 85 point build?

Edit:::Oops! I hit Edit instead of Quote...
Okay...I got the right button now. lol....

I don't want to get that technical. This will be fun, so have fun. Create what you want to RP, and give me a reason why that guy exists and what he is doing in my game, and that is good enough. I do not want this to be hard.

[ 03-25-2004, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 03-25-2004, 01:28 PM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I am thinking of opening the thread to RP Friday night.

After that time, nobody else would be allowed into the game "full-time", except for certain limited roles.
Old 03-25-2004, 03:15 PM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I am working on the setup of the game, based on what characters are playing and all that. Everything is coming along, so it won't be much longer now.
Old 03-25-2004, 07:24 PM   #10
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

There is a lot of interest in this game! I feel soooo pressured. I get like 5 PM's every 2 hours!
Closed Thread