Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-15-2001, 07:42 AM   #1
Drawde1
The Magister

I'm thinking of playing a solo game as Elminster, just for fun (obviously starting at level 8 as default, not level 29!),I know very little about the AD&D/Forgotten Realms world beyond the games set in it, so could anyone give me more information about what Elminster's stats and abilities are? I know that he is actually a Fighter/Mage/Cleric or possibly Cleric/Mage (not sure which), not just a single-class mage.
Old 09-15-2001, 08:23 AM   #2
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Drawde1:
I'm thinking of playing a solo game as Elminster, just for fun (obviously starting at level 8 as default, not level 29!),I know very little about the AD&D/Forgotten Realms world beyond the games set in it, so could anyone give me more information about what Elminster's stats and abilities are? I know that he is actually a Fighter/Mage/Cleric or possibly Cleric/Mage (not sure which), not just a single-class mage.
He's a Cleric/Mage
dunno his stats but i'm almost p[ositive he has a 25 to his wisdom or constitution thanks to his guardian god(dess)

------------------
I Am The SunGod
Here To Enlighten You

Old 09-15-2001, 10:14 AM   #3
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

Elminster's stats are:

STR: 13
DEX: 18
CON: 24
INT: 24
WIS: 18
CHA: 17

Not sure about his classes in 2nd edition but in 3rd edition they are: Fighter1/Rogue2/Cleric3/Wizard20/Archmage5/Epic4.

As a chosen of Mystra he has the following abilities:

Bonus Spells: A chosen gains one bonus spell of each spell level per day which can be as a spell like ability. Once these nine spells are selected, they can never be changed. Most chosen select a variety of offensive, defensive and utility spells with this ability (most of the spells Elminster has selected are not available in BG).

Spell Immunity: Chosen are immune to one spell per spell level, just as if the spell immunity spell were constantly in effect upon them. Once these nine spells are selected, they can never be changed (Elminster has selected Detect thoughts, Everards Black Tentacles, Feeblemind, Finger of Death, Fireball, Magic missile, sunburst and timestop).

Immunities: The chosen are immune to aging, disease, disintegration, and poison.

The chosen gain a +10 to their CON score (included in the above stat line)

They also have control of the Silver Fire, a strange magical effect which couldn't really be duplicated in Baldur's Gate.

Have Fun!

------------------

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."

[This message has been edited by Sharpedge (edited 09-15-2001).]
Old 09-15-2001, 12:14 PM   #4
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

******ZOINKS********
To put it in other words. Elminster is invulnarable????????????????? Surely a spawn of another god (like you are a spawn of Bhaal) must be able to defeat him???

------------------
There's something in your eyes, ah no, I see now, it's the reflection of my deadly gaze - Mirac Honorguard
(Necromancer)
Old 09-15-2001, 12:29 PM   #5
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirac Honorguard:
Surely a spawn of another god (like you are a spawn of Bhaal) must be able to defeat him???

Elminster is the chosen of a god. That's quite a lot different from being the spawn of one. Some of the spawn of Bhaal are no more powerful then your average peasant, they just have a penchant for murder. Remember, Elminster is hundreds of years old. He's spent most of his long life learning and consolidating his power. He is therefore (probably) the most powerful being in Faerun. However, I do think that your party at the end of ToB would be capable of being more then just a thorn in his side.

Of course, his lover is The Simbul, an extremely powerful sorceress capable of decimating armies with feats of metamagic. Add to that the fact he has a god watching over him every step of the way and you have yourself a formidable opponent.

I wouldn't like to face him, that's for sure.

------------------

Old 09-15-2001, 12:58 PM   #6
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Name: Elminster
Alignment: Munchkin
All stats: Munchkin
Classes: Munchkin/Munchkin
Level: Munchkin/Munchkin
Race: Munchkin
Hit Points: Munchkin
Thac0(Or it's 3rd ed equivalent): Munchkin
AC: Munchkin
Immunites: Munchkin
Resistances: Munchkin
Abilites/Powers: Mega Munchkin Morph, Munchkin Power and Munchkin Fire

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.

Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.

Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy
Old 09-15-2001, 02:22 PM   #7
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

actually, according to the heroes lorebook, he has a 25 constitution. sorry, just had to correct that, im sure i could just copy his pages in the book, there is SO much about him, but i would get bored. he is a master of psionics, and has something around 228 psp's to use on it. and he actually used to be a PRIESTESS!!!!!! wtf

Just My Two Gold Pieces

------------------
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine
Old 09-15-2001, 02:24 PM   #8
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

oh, and mystra is DEAD. she died during the time of troubles. all of the chosen of Mystra have a part of her inside them, because she saw her own demise. now she will live forever in the bodies of her chosen. she was replaced as the goddess of magic, but i forget by whom.

Just My Two Gold Pieces

------------------
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine
Old 09-15-2001, 03:29 PM   #9
Istaron
Banned User

Oh... and I thought Elminister was a real loser just because I was two levels stronger than him

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 09-15-2001, 03:42 PM   #10
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Name: Elminster
Alignment: Munchkin
All stats: Munchkin
Classes: Munchkin/Munchkin
Level: Munchkin/Munchkin
Race: Munchkin
Hit Points: Munchkin
Thac0(Or it's 3rd ed equivalent): Munchkin
AC: Munchkin
Immunites: Munchkin
Resistances: Munchkin
Abilites/Powers: Mega Munchkin Morph, Munchkin Power and Munchkin Fire
ROFL Well said!

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:
actually, according to the heroes lorebook, he has a 25 constitution.
I see. I was taking it from the new 3rd edition D&D Forgotten Realms supplement in which it's listed as 24.

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:
oh, and mystra is DEAD. she died during the time of troubles.
She was replaced by a powerful wizard named Midnight who ascended to godhood during the time of troubles. She assumed the fallen Mystra's portfolio and divinity (and her name).

------------------

[This message has been edited by Sharpedge (edited 09-15-2001).]