Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 11:47 AM   #71
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Nnnnngh... ugh...

I-Pride has left me half-dead today. The weight training wasn't too bad, it was actually a lot of fun. I remember last year when I couldn't do a towel hang! The agility drills sucked though. A girls softball team was practicing in the parking lot next to us. Their coach came over and asked if they could do the agility drills with us. Coach Stick allowed this.

Our first drill was some plyometric things. (Box hop-ups, plate explosions, cone hop-overs, etc.) All of the guys had just come out the weightroom with a 3 minute rest period so our first set was sloppy. Our second set came around and we had improved alot. The softball girls on the other hand... There was a lot of "I CAN'T DO THIS", "IT HURTS TOO MUCH", "I CAN'T JUMP THAT HIGH". Coach didn't take it out on us though, which was good. I think one girl even walked out on us. Was kind of funny at the time. Surprisingly, we've got two little sixth grade girls doing this with us. They've yet to bring us down, so I like them working with us. I'm still pretty tired and this Gatorade just isn't cutting it as a thirst quencher. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 11:51 AM   #72
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Wow, you guys REALLY do alot of working out! That's pretty cool and I know I'm sooo never going to try any of that...I beg off with being an Old Fogey on that one!
Old 07-14-2005, 11:55 AM   #73
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Old fogey = NO EXCUSE. We have a man named Cal who does I-Pride with us. He's in his late 40s.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 12:25 PM   #74
Charlie
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
I'm still pretty tired and this Gatorade just isn't cutting it as a thirst quencher. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I usually find around ten pints of lager and forty cigarrettes does the trick....you can walk funny, cough and wheeze to your hearts content and then put it all down to "the training"....No one'll ever know and the workout is so much more relaxed and less stressfull if you remember it. You're not tired and you're not thirsty after giving your body a damn good thrashing...what a workout!
[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/england1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />One Love, Peace. [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/pissr.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/piss.gif\" alt=\" - \" />
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 01:02 PM   #75
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
Old fogey = NO EXCUSE. We have a man named Cal who does I-Pride with us. He's in his late 40s.
You're a tough task master! Um....can I claim laziness?! *teehee*
Old 07-14-2005, 04:08 PM   #76
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
I was lucky, never needing much dentistry because of a long jaw and straight teeth. Poor Galadria is having to have some work done, and she freaks at it.
I envy you and your perfect teeth! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 05:07 PM   #77
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yah but just think how nice yours will be when the retainer comes off, Sir G!
Old 07-14-2005, 05:11 PM   #78
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Oh, my teeth are straight now, braces moved 'em. Retainers keeps them from shifting back. I just envy his not needing any torture otherwise known as braces. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Edit- Re: your PM- Didn't know that, sorry. Your PM box is full, BTW.

[ 07-14-2005, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: Sir Goulum ]
Old 07-14-2005, 05:23 PM   #79
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Sigh.. I know.. just found that out and cleared a bit of mail out, Sir G! I need a bigger box! LOL

No worries, btw! *smooches Sir G again, just cuz he's cute and sweet and she can* hehe! [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

Hopefully you won't need the retainer long! I never had braces but should have...so I guess I envy both of you!
Old 07-14-2005, 05:29 PM   #80
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Retainer, 5 years I'm sure is what he said... unfortunately.
Now I have all these lipstick stains on my cheek. [img]tongue.gif[/img]