Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 10-26-2002, 01:50 PM   #31
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

heh, pity Kat went off to play SOA just before you posted Lady G *snigger* scratch one Aeire? [img]tongue.gif[/img] hehehe. poor girl. ah well [img]tongue.gif[/img] I got to eat supper. Be back later keep posting nice work btw.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 03:18 PM   #32
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Have a good dinner, CD. [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] Some more:

So it was that several weeks later, Bandicut found himself riding, heavily cowled, through the main entrance of the city of Baldur's Gate. He was impressed by the sheer size of the place, as well as the numerous crowd of citizens of various races and economic conditions. Here, beggars jostled fat merchants, gaudily-clad courtesans flaunted in front of sober housewives, and nobles with their retinues fought to get to meetings, shops, or parties. Bandicut saw mostly humans, but elves, dwarves, and gnomes all were in evidence. After a quick search, he found lodging at a middling inn called the Bear's Arms, and settled in.
He immediately began casting his location spells, at which he was so adept and were largely responsible for his reaching relatively high at such an early age. The object that he sought immediately became known to him as located to the northwest. Slowly, over the days, he narrowed his search and finally was convinced that the object that he sought was located in a moderately-sized stone house with a dome in the Ramparts section of the city. Cautious inquiry revealed that it was the dwelling of one Sir Attalus and his mage-wife, Galadria. Bandicut swore under his breath.

That night, Galadria, reading in her study late, as usual, was startled to see her drow chaplain at the door. "Mistress, I mean abbil," Chorania hissed urgently. Galadria had told her long ago to continue addressing her with that honorific, which in Drow meant "trusted friend," but, when stressed, she sometimes forgot. Galadria's answering look of amusement was wiped away by the next sentences. "I have had a dream of Helm. He warns us, there will be an attempt on Noemi. Be prepared," she said urgently.
The dark mage waved her hand to the couch opposite. "Cho, calm down," she replied reasonably. "What did Helm say, exactly? Try hard, you must recall and tell me."
Chorania sat rigidly on the indicated seat. She thought hard, and after a while, she said slowly, "In my dream, I was walking around in the dark. I was lost, like when I first came to the surface. Suddenly, I became afraid, and it started to storm. There was a flash of lightning, and Lord Helm appeared before me, just like He did downstairs." It had been in the basement laboratory that the Avatar of Helm had appeared, and saved her from an assault of the Drow Spider Goddess, Lolth.
"He turned his face on me, abbil," Chorania continued, "and spoke. He said, 'Hear me, O Chorania, my priestess. Thy prayers are now answered, and I tell you now that the woman that you have prayed so earnestly for is in danger. One from the west seeks her and her child. He is dangerous. Watch and ward ceaselessly.' Then, He disappeared. That is all, my deliverer. What are we to do?"
Galadria answered grimly, "Watch and ward, Helm said. That, we shall do. In his attempts to scale the wall of spells that we have woven, our enemy shall make himself known. Then, our stroke must be hard. Do not worry, Cho, but do be vigilant. We must leave no gap in our walls for this rat to creep through."
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 04:11 PM   #33
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

heh, thanks, dinner was nice-ish [img]tongue.gif[/img] lol. post some more?
Old 10-26-2002, 04:16 PM   #34
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Woo, go galadria! Hope (the character) galadria leaves enough of this upstart laddy to make a message
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 04:29 PM   #35
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

LOL; no, it'd be more fun to let Sefa spank him....
Old 10-26-2002, 05:18 PM   #36
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Sefa will have reason to, as you will soon see. . Don't throw things, she will post in a minute.
Attalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 05:23 PM   #37
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Now, Attalus, don't you be giving away my plot.

The drow muttered, "Yet, rats have ways of getting through walls, abbil, that is why they are always around."
"Yes," Galadria replied, "and that is why people still have cats."

After a few months had passed, Noemi began to show, and finally was forced to abandon her usual clothing for something less closely-fitted. Galadria and Cythera took her on a tour of the city's shops, looking for the most flattering garments, and Sefa, always eager to see new things, tagged along. A street urchin, bribed for the purpose, saw the party sally forth, and rushed to the Beaars Arms, the inn where Bandicut was staying.
Thunderous knocking on his door startled the Halruuan mage as he was intently peering into his crystal. He had repeatedly tried to glimpse the interior of the House of the Dome, but had always been foiled by the wards that Galadria and Cythera had placed around the house and his occupants. He had been forced to admit that whoever had placed those protections had been no mean magician. He rose irritably to answer the door. Seeing the lad, he snapped, "I have no need of amusement right now. Tell your master to try again tomorrow, and with a comlier boy."
The waif showed his teeth in a mirthless smile. "I be none of your fancy-boys, wizard," he replied, "but I bear ye tidings that you have said that ye would pay for. The Lady Galadria is abroad, with some of her women. Pay me now, and I'll be gone." The wizard having paid a small gold coin, the urchin bit it, found it good, and pocketed his grudging wage. He strolled off, but, just as Bandicut was about to close his door, he shouted, "Much good may it do ye! She'll have yer guts for garters, if such as ye come to blows with her." He sprinted around the corner before Bandicut could hurl a spell.
Bandicut, swearing, went back to his crystal and at last located the little party in a shop, bargaining for cloth. He noted the blonde mage who was critically fingering some brocade, and the curly-headed girl in black leather, but the others were curiously indistinct. With effort, he saw the tall, slim woman in black with a quiet rumble of power about her, and correctly identified her as Galadria, but the last was a total blank, seen only as a void in the area of seeing. Curious, he muttered a spell of clarity, and at once the scene in the crystal changed to an enraged drow woman.
Old 10-26-2002, 05:33 PM   #38
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Throw things? ME?! lol. Dont be mean Ratty Boy [img]tongue.gif[/img] hehehe. okok, dont look at me like that, I'll behave. Honest (A). lol. I dont want to give "mother" any more reasons/excuses to smack me... *hides* please post some more...?
Old 10-26-2002, 06:18 PM   #39
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

All right, but this is all for today.

Chorania, for it was she, shouted, "Who are you, mageling, and why are you spying on us?" Bandicut felt himself held rigidly facing the crystal. Chorania smiled a knowing smile. "So, a mage of Halruua, is it? Why do you little pests meddle with my Mistress? Lucky you are that she is not at home, or she would fry you with a thought. That is how you were able to get as far as you did. Too bad that I cannot hold you until she gets back, or you would be dead, even so. Go, and hope that I don't find you." The contact broke, and Bandicut slumped back in the chair, sweating. Who were these people? For the first time in years, the wizard felt a prickling of fear. A drow priestess! Galadria must be mighty, indeed, to tame one of those. As he hurriedly packed for a quick change in residence, he realised that a change in tactics might be in order.

Chorania turned aside from the scrying bowl that she had been using to overlook her friends. Galadria would have to be told that the opposition was already mobilising. Why it was that the Mages of Halruaa were interested in Noemi, she did not know, but she had at once been aware of him when his spell triggered her Mistress' anti-magic ward that she had constantly maintained over her sister since the tidings had been announced. She began searching for the wizard on her own account. A face that ugly should be easy, she thought. Pity she had no more clue than that.
When Galadria got home, she was jolted by the drow's report that one of the Mages of Halruaa was spying on them and had tried to pierce the magical veil that she had placed over Noemi. "But, the spell worked?" she asked Chorania anxiously, "You saw him?"
"Indeed, abbil," Chorania answered readily, "and it was a face that one is unlikely to forget. Hideously birthmarked, with a trio of warts on the left cheek, just to be sure he could be as ugly as he could manage, I suppose. Among the drow, such a one would have been sacrificed to Lolth at birth."
"Well," the dark mage replied with fierce determination., "if I catch him, he will have cause to wish that he had been. I shall roast him over a slow fire."
"Easy, abbil," Chorania soothed her. "Do not waste your energies. We do not know why he is spying on us, though I feel as you, that it is for some ill purpose and that it involves Noemi. Let us do a little spying on our own account. Sefa!"
The girl, who had been an entranced eavesdropper, started guiltily. "What, Lady Chorania?" she said, and blushed.
"Sefa," Chorania complained, "I have told you to call me Cho, as everyone does. You still retain some contacts among the street children, do you not?"
"Yes, Cho."
"Then," the drow instructed her, "go out among them. See if this extraordinary individual has been seen around here. Find out what you can; his name, if possible."

Sefa, excited to have such an imporant mission, started getting ready immediately, with all the energy of youth. Noemi, seeing her scramble about to change her clothes after such a long and, to her, tiring shopping trip grumbled about how old she was getting and how Sefa would be better put to use rubbing her, Noemi's, swollen feet. Chorania and Cythera laid her onto a couch in Galadria's study, and Chorania insisted on massaging the put upon feet with an ointment that she said was drow in origin. As she had expected, this artful addition had the little redhead chattering happily about the Underdark and their adventures there, her feet and Sefa forgotten for the moment. Chorania, though she seemed to be bantering with Noemi, was really remembering the time, not long hence, when Noemi had sat upon this very couch and cleansed her blistered and battered feet when she had first returned to the House of the Dome. She smiled to herself as she rubbed the soothing ointment into the fair skin, slipping her anointed fingers in and out of the pink toes.
As soon as it was nightfall, Sefa slipped out of the side entrance and slid through the shadowy streets. She ended up in the slums, teeming with life and danger. Watching the predatory figures all around, Sefa put her hand for an instant on the protective amulet that, if grasped a certain way, would bring her help. She headed for her old home, and in a short time, was within the dank house whose basement housed many slum children. At once, she began inquiries with her former acquaintances until, on the fourth or fifth try, she struck gold.
Old 10-27-2002, 03:45 AM   #40
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Thanks you for posting Lady G. Good morning all. [img]tongue.gif[/img] A new day... at least over here kinda. Stupid time thingys, putting the clocks an hour back... it actually means I got up an hour early *gasp* *grin* *sigh* I got up "early" today anyway... for what should have been 9, in actual fact is 8! *gasp* its just.... unnatural *grin* lol. Sorry, I should moan so much *grin* Ah but I speak in jest. Post some more please Lady G?