Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-25-2011, 09:37 AM   #11
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: US 'no' on Taiwan arms seen as sign of China clout

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellard View Post
Sorry to hear you have this view point Timber.

In the years since Ron Raygun used to be your president and had the balls to stand up to China publicly and practically, this acceptance of the China claim over a democratic country seems to be gaining ground.

Thankfully some of us are still wise to these '1984' type thought control methods.

Tibet anyone?
Tibet belongs to china. And so is taiwan.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:44 AM   #12
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakero View Post
And so is taiwan.
Taiwan has been the legitimate seat of the Republic of China government since 1949 when Chiang Kai Shek relocated the ROC government from Nanjing on the mainland to Taipei on Taiwan. The People's Republic of China does not exercise sovereignty over Taiwan, and has never done so. In fact, the island was part of Japanese Territory until after WW2 when it was ceded to the Republic of China government.

The PRC claim is based primarily on the concept that it is the successor state of the ROC and therefore entitled to all of the ROC's holdings.

Here's a full outline of the legal status on Taiwan status as a sovereign nation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_status_of_Taiwan

Maybe we should just let the 23 million Taiwanese decide who they want to govern them?

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:10 AM   #13
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah Foehammer View Post
Taiwan has been the legitimate seat of the Republic of China government since 1949 when Chiang Kai Shek relocated the ROC government from Nanjing on the mainland to Taipei on Taiwan. The People's Republic of China does not exercise sovereignty over Taiwan, and has never done so. In fact, the island was part of Japanese Territory until after WW2 when it was ceded to the Republic of China government.

The PRC claim is based primarily on the concept that it is the successor state of the ROC and therefore entitled to all of the ROC's holdings.

Here's a full outline of the legal status on Taiwan status as a sovereign nation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_status_of_Taiwan

Maybe we should just let the 23 million Taiwanese decide who they want to govern them?
Zomg wiki link lolz nub!

Taiwan is a renegade state of china. If taiwan want to be considered a sovereign state. Declare independance! So easy boh?

inb4 another butthurt response.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:05 PM   #14
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakero View Post
Tibet belongs to china. And so is taiwan.
LOL

A country belongs to it's inhabitants - it's people.

As Micah Foehammer said let the Taiwanese decide.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:27 PM   #15
wellard
Dracolisk

Letting the people decide is something China has a problem with regarding the independent state of Tibet which they invaded in 1949. Tibet had it's own Buddhism religion, language, literature and art. It also had an unpleasant feudal theocracy so do not be fooled into thinking it was some heavenly democratic based peoples paradise.

Many people are still around that also remember the brutal oppression by China during the 1959 uprising, the Tibetan peoples last major push to overthrow the Chinese invaders, that resulted in a massacre of tens of thousands of Tibetans.

The way the Chinese Government is getting around the "let the people decide" issue here is a classic case. With forced Chinese 'education' of the local children, with a massive resettlement policy of Chinese (Han) into Tibet and again '1984' style propaganda (or downright rewriting of history) for the younger generation, or indeed older but more gullible people

The Dalai Lama and the Tibetan government-in-exile now have to base themselves in India.

Zomg lolz to the noobs who don't understand that people can have a memory of the world as it was ... not how the China propaganda machine wants it to be.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years

Last edited by wellard; 10-27-2011 at 05:08 PM.
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:54 PM   #16
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

u mad bro?

If I didn't forget my chinese history classes 20 years ago, Qing emperor considered Tibet to be part of their dynasty when the Qing ruled china. I remembered reading kang xi emperor took a tour of Tibet to show the people there who owned Tibet.

Hmmm..probably my faulty memory then.

As I type before, if a country like taiwan want to be considered a sovereign nation. Declare independance. If china tried to do something. US will jump in and help defend while the rest of the world give their usual "all-talk-but-no-action-condemnation". Probably not europe as europe is thinking of having china's money to bail them out of their economic trouble. It's already 63 years (unless I fail maths), what are the taiwanese waiting for?

It's just like East Timor, they were considered part of Indonesia. But since they let their own people decide. They choose independance. Now East Timor is a considered a sovereign and independant state.

63 years already...and people in various forums have been stroking their epeen showing "my opinion>your opinion" regarding the state of Taiwan and sometimes Tibet.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:57 PM   #17
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

We dont need any stinking Chinese money to bail the EU out of anything, we just need the lose the Greeks, Italians, Portugese, Bulgarians, Romanians, and any other nation not capable of whiping their own backsides and have dodging taxpayments as a national sport, and we will be just fine.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:57 AM   #18
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

If ANYTHING happens in Iran, I expect China to attempt to take Taiwan.. It's a beautiful place, and the Taipei 101 is MASSIVE.. (a huge skyscraper)

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:06 AM   #19
Chewbacca
Zartan

China watching you!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/30/ma...1&pagewanted=2
Old 11-13-2011, 04:27 AM   #20
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I think I may have only been informed on Taiwan based on my International Law class before now. I will of course read up more on the issue based on comments in this thread, and I thank you for the info.

Needless to say, the China/Taiwan relationship is fragile at best and one of the hotspots for international strife.