Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-22-2002, 05:33 PM   #1
chrisofthedale
Account Removed by Request

I have had problems with girls, any advice?
Old 11-22-2002, 05:38 PM   #2
SomeGuy
Unicorn

First we need the problems dude.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 11-22-2002, 05:43 PM   #3
chrisofthedale

Girls don't seem to like me and I can't get a girlfriend.
Old 11-22-2002, 05:46 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Always put her desires and feelings first, but do not be so obvious about it that she would be prompted to say that you were faking it.
Be sincere.
Be funny. Girls like to smile.
Be a gentleman, and offer her security and comfortable feelings when you're out and about.
Don't get into a fight with anyone while you are with her. Even if you can win.
Don't be a dumb jock.
Let her talk alot about herself if she is a talker...she'll think you are a wonderful conversationalist.
Never EVER talk bad about your mother. In fact, praise your mother's influence in your life.
Old 11-22-2002, 05:46 PM   #5
The Ornery One
Drow Warrior

Maybe if you opened up to them more. (Just guessing on that, but it helps in any relationship situation.)
Old 11-22-2002, 05:48 PM   #6
chrisofthedale

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Always put her desires and feelings first, but do not be so obvious about it that she would be prompted to say that you were faking it.
Be sincere.
Be funny. Girls like to smile.
Be a gentleman, and offer her security and comfortable feelings when you're out and about.
Don't get into a fight with anyone while you are with her. Even if you can win.
Don't be a dumb jock.
Let her talk alot about herself if she is a talker...she'll think you are a wonderful conversationalist.
Never EVER talk bad about your mother. In fact, praise your mother's influence in your life.
I have done all that, it is because I am 'unpopular'.
Old 11-22-2002, 05:51 PM   #7
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Don't pick at any body orifaces while in her presence. Do not break wind or burp. Don't talk foul. Don't blow your nose without a tissue. Don't make rude jokes. In-depth discussion of these bodily functions is just as taboo as the functions themselves.

Most importantly, start early finding your self-confidence and ditching your insecurities. Women find that these make men unattractive, as they are signs of emotional weakness. Don't overdo it though, secure does not mean bully, stuck-up, or asshole.

Until you've married her, you can live without her. You don't have to *say* this, but if you keep it in your mind, you won't do the worst thing - which is obsess over her. Most importantly, she won't have you under her thumb. This will drive her wild. The more independent you are, the more they want you, friend.

[edit] Oh, and it has to be said. Find your physical happiness and balance. Work out. Run. Play sports. Eat right. These will add to your overall confidence, helping you with the security part. Plus, there is absolutely nothing wrong with working to look your personal best.

[ 11-22-2002, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 11-22-2002, 05:52 PM   #8
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Be pleasant, even when you're talking to people you aren't particularly interested in. Don't look out for what you want, look out for what the other person wants. Pretty soon, you'll be surrounded by interested women.

Women can smell desperation a mile away - don't try to hard. If you ask a girl out and she says no, don't sweat it. Smile at her and move on. Don't treat any opportunity for a date as the end of the world. It's a big, big, sea and there's a lot of fish in it.

Oh, and don't underestimate the effectiveness of good grooming. Women, especially young women in their early twenties like a guy that makes the effort to dress classy and smell nice (don't overdo it, but bathing is definitely a good thing [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). Clean cut guys get more dates than hairy, oderifous slobs.
Old 11-22-2002, 05:59 PM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

There are many ways to become popular. Work the channels. Put effort into making friends with the right person that can introduce you into the right group of associates, that eventually puts you up there with the best of them. I was where you were until I decided that I had enough of that life. I worked hard to become the best drummer in the band and became field captin. Then I would ask the cheerleaders what types of drum rythems that they would like to dance to. They were turned on to the fact that I cared enough to ask their opinion. Then I would talk about the game (american football) to the jocks and tell them what it all looked like from up in the stands, and how we wanted the school to be represented as the best and so we'd promise to play special drum cadences for them in the end-zone, if they'd do a jig.
Later, I'd ask some help from some black guys that loved rap. I'd ask them to teach me the real stuff. I became very popular, just because I knew alot of people. Guys would see me talking and laughing with cheerleaders. Girls would see me joking and kidding with the athletes. Everyone guessed that I was a VIP. It took work and dedication. I was not handed a free and easy life.
Old 11-22-2002, 06:00 PM   #10
The Ornery One
Drow Warrior

How about if I give you a list of things that most girls wouldn't like, that way you can tell if you've done those things and will know not to do them anymore.
Don't put other people down (whether it's someone you know or just a group in general.)
Don't touch yourself when near anyone (and I hope you know what I mean.)
Don't interupt her for any reason other than to warn her of danger.
Don't be rude to any of her friends or relatives.
DO compliment girls on aspects of their personality.
Don't compliment them on their looks very often until you know them better (otherwise they'll think that is all you care about.)

There are a ton more but these are the main ones to keep in mind. I know they always bugged me. And yes, it our job as females to be trouble.