Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Old 03-24-2007, 04:43 PM   #121
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

GM to Pandaros and Xaver

The large cat felt a sharp pain hit it, and then heard the yelling of another arrival. It looked up, only to be popped again in the head with another rock. The mountain lion leaped away from Pandaros and crouched in a defencive stance against the dwarf who now had drawn his axe and shield. It leveled back its ears and screamed its warning at Xaver, ending in a low gutteral growl. You could almost see it thinking of its options and now that it was outnumbered and had lost the element of surprise against its former meal, along with being injured, it decided that it was time to go, and fled into the thick forest greenery.

Cougar: ran away
~insert victory music~

[ 04-01-2007, 12:24 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 06:32 PM   #122
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion

Pandaros

The scout cradled his injured arm against his chest, the blood seeping into his grimy leather vest.

"Thanks for help," Pandaros winced as he tried to sit up, the wounds on his back like fire rippling across his skin. "Looks like giants aren't the only thing to watch out for out here."

The scout looked down at his arm, using his uninjured hand to inspect the wound.

"Once this is bandaged up, I suggest that we stick together for the rest of the day. I can continue to track, but I'll need your help if anything else jumps from the bushes."

Pandaros gingerly set to the task of tending to his arm, hoping that there was no permanent damage.
Kazilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:22 PM   #123
TAOWolf
White Dragon

Kaylisa TAOWolf

Ana arrives back, and she starts seperating the items into various pouches on her belt. Taking some of the wolfsbane, she puts a small piece in her mouth and chews it slowly.

Looking up at her, she knows Ana can tell that being in human form is draining her. She really needs to get to the forest soon. Taking the cloth, she reveals a curious stone she has in her hand.

It is a rather medium-sized river cobble, with curious bits of material wrapped around it. She runs this over the cloth, using her mind to cast the spell to make cloaks, pants, shirts and whatever else may be useful.

The stone makes quick work of the cloth, and soon they both have new clothes and cloaks. Tao takes her old cloak and folds it into a small bundle which she puts in a pouch, winking at Ana.

She is tired... the spell has set back some of the healing given to her when they arrived. It is time to go to the forest.

Standing, she stretches and yawns as she walks over to her staff and lovingly runs one gloved hand along the moonstone upon the top.

"I think we need to gather the boys and head for the forest now. Did you find some good information and where to go? ... before you answer though, I think it will be better if my staff stays with me. It will disappear when I shift if I'm holding it. Can you think of anything else? If not, I'll shift and we can leave..." She smiles tiredly at Ana..

A strong wind blows down through the chimney and into the room through the fireplace, engulfing Tao in a small whirlwind... soon, the familiar form of a wolf stands there, purple-silver eyes looking at Ana with sadness. She pads over to her and nudges her hand and wags her tail...
TAOWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:57 PM   #124
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

For Team TAVY

Ana and Tao head downstairs after knocking on the door to the boys' room and getting no response. They come to the main corridor to find that Yevaud is already there talking with the Innkeeper and Vincent is snooping about in the lobby.

"There you two are! Tao and I are in need of time spent in the forest, at least for the remainder of the day, and we're hoping that you guys might come along since there is tale of trouble about. If you two are ready, then so are we. Shall we go then?"

The innkeeper stops chatting with Yevaud the elf when Anarrima the elf-lady enters the room. She entered a lot different-looking than he had last seen her. Even dirty and wearing rags, she had appeared a spectacle of beauty but now that she had cleaned up...oh my gosh! Why could humans not achieve this level of perfection?! He could not help but gawk. He had to talk to her!

"My lady, why...um, why did ye pick the name Tao for yer pet wolfie there?"

Ana turns to the innkeeper and addresses him with a polite smile.

"She chose this name for herself. Neither is she my pet as you put it."

"Oh. Okay...sorry then..." was the only response he could articulate. Elves sure were mysterious...what with their connection to animals and all...a wolf that hangs around people and chooses its own name...what lives the elves must live!

He just stood there and watched for something else amazing to happen or be said.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:57 AM   #125
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Xaver

Much as he wanted to run after the cougar - not that he had a chance of catching it in the forest, but Xaver didn't like his attackers getting away - Xaver saw that he had to check on his wounded companion. He took one last look in the direction where the animal has fled, then turned towards the scout.

Pandaros' words comforted him. The fact that he was ready to continue going meant that he couldn't be very badly hurt.

"Allright, that sounds good. We'll stick together. I'm not good at moving noiselessy like you, but if it's a giant we're after, we'll probably spot his presence way before he notices us. Now just hold still a moment, please."

Xaver examined the wounds on the scout. Then said the incantation and cast a healing spell on him.

"How are you feeling now? You're ready to continue?"

Xaver cast Cure Moderate Wounds level 2 domain spell.
ZFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:10 AM   #126
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Gillian

Gillian stood as the door opened, comporting himself to meet the owner of the house and then relaxing as he realised that nobody was there. Or nobody appears to be here he reminded himself. His instincts prompted him to check the doorway for traps but his better judgement made him realise that this could give entirely the wrong impression if seen and in any case, the sense he was getting was that Oley was unlikely to incinerate casual visitors despite his slightly overdone taste for the theatrical.

He stepped through the doorway, wiped his feet on the mat, closed the door* and sat down on the first of the chairs apparently placed there for this purpose. He noticed the pullcord and, after a moment’s hesitation, pulled it.

OOC: * If possible. Also, unless there is an immediate response Gillian will sit for a while, contemplating the tiles and trying to work out how the light source works and also whether anything he is seeing is illusory.
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:43 AM   #127
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Xaver cast Cure Moderate Wounds level 2 domain spell.
GM: Xaver prays to his god, Clangeddin, for the healing powers needed to help his teammate. When he feels the powers of healing surge into his being, he lays his hands upon Pandaros and releases the spell's power upon him.

Pandaros receives 17hp of health back, closing the bleeding wounds around his neck, back, and arm significantly.

Pandaros: HP: 74/78
Old 03-26-2007, 11:24 AM   #128
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

There is a distant gong as the pullcord reaches the bottom of it's pull. Then the lights flicker momentarily and when you glance about notice a door on the opposite wall that was not there before. There is a pull handle on it halfway up the left side but no hinges on the right it looks like it might slide towards the right to open. The tiles all turn a neutral grey color, the letters remain but turn to the color of the original tile.

From the brief flicker and a slight change as the tiles changed the light could be ambient light from the white tiles, or perhaps a skylight-like ceiling (although from the outside it appeared to be a thatched roof). Also as far as your senses can tell, everything is real.
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:23 PM   #129
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Yevaud

Yevaud was about to continue questioning the innkeeper when he became thoroughly distracted by Anarrima. He listened and withdrew slightly, making a mental note to seek out this Oley person when they returned to the town, hopefully the trip into the forest would not take much time. He fell in behind Ana, to the left waiting for her to lead the way.
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:57 PM   #130
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

For Team TAVY

Anarrima

Now that the four were together again, stocked for a while, and taken care of medically, Anarrima led the way for the four of them back to the East of town where they had emerged from the forest earlier that morning.

Giving that the four of them were masters in a forest, it took no time at all to find a suitable location for which Tao could find what she sought, Ana could meditate (a priority to finding wood for a staff), and that the two guys could keep their respective distance yet guard the two females as they conducted their needful business in these woods. Anarrima found a nice place to kneel down and begin to commune with Ahurani Fairhand. She left Tao to do as the wolf-lady needed in peace.

OOC>>>Sorry Yevaud and Vincent! With Ana and Tao kind of "out of commission" for a while, that leaves the two of you to RP without us. That does not mean that you will be bored, however.

The party is considered deep enough in the forest to be effective to Ana and Tao's work. They are off of any trade route or path that may be in the forest and are considered safe from average human passerby.